American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading behavioral and social science research organization. AIR prides itself in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant federal, state, and private organizations. Our vision is that research-based problem solving can improve the lives of all people.
AIR is currently seeking a Principal Health Clinician Researcher with a clinical background in health care delivery such as a physician, nurse, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or pharmacist. The Principal Health Clinician Researcher will help develop and grow work in the Health Services practice area at AIR. This practice area develops and supports healthcare services, systems, and structures that improve health and the affordability of healthcare, healthcare systems, and related services. Our multi-disciplinary and multi-method approaches to research, evaluation, capacity building, and implementation focus on a full range of healthcare delivery settings including ambulatory care, behavioral health, long-term care, and hospitals. In addition, we have a strong focus on facilitating patient and family engagement within healthcare systems to create care that is patient-centered. In alignment with AIR's mission, our work emphasizes improving the lives and health of the disadvantaged, vulnerable and underserved.
We are seeking an individual who can work in conjunction with a strong team of senior staff; engage in strategic planning; lead efforts to win new work; and carry out this work via designing and leading research and evaluation projects, as well as through strong project management and building client relationships. The candidate will have experience providing clinical care in a health care setting and a record of leading research and evaluation projects in the health services and health care delivery fields. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have experience leading proposals for federal contracts and designing and executing mixed methods designs in health services research.
The Principal Health Clinician Researcher provides leadership, mentorship, and technical guidance in support of AIR health-related projects to ensure research integrity, appropriate design and application of research methodologies and analysis techniques, development of accurate conclusions, clear reporting, applicability to problems of practice and delivery, and client satisfaction. An important aspect of the role will include the mentoring and development of AIR research staff, as well as active business development and pursuit.
- Develops conceptual frameworks that address research and evaluation topics.
- Oversees the planning, design, and implementation of project methods, procedures and reporting.
- Serves as Project Director or Principal Investigator, directing / managing, large, complex research projects or a series of smaller projects.
- Reviews, analyzes, and synthesizes data and information using appropriate practices and techniques, and ensure all projects are designed around client needs with sound methodology.
- Serves as an expert in the field and disseminates findings through publication of papers, progress and technical reports, and presentation of seminars.
- Leads proposal efforts, maintains excellent business development relationships, serves as primary client contact, and actively pursues business development through client relationships and by staying abreast of the direction of the field.
- Leverages professional networks to engage connections as Subject Matter Experts on AIR proposed activities.
- Advanced professional degree (PhD, MD, DO, DNP, PsyD, PharmD, PA) required, with a strong background in clinical health care delivery, care re-design, quality improvement and measurement and leading research and evaluation projects in the health services
- 7-10+ years of demonstrated leadership and management skills required including:
• clinical experience in an acute, inpatient or outpatient setting,
• peer-reviewed journal publications,
• familiarity with payment policies,
• ability to lead projects and proposals,
• proposal writing and report writing,
• project management,
• staff supervision,
• working on teams under the leadership of other staff,
• providing day-to-day management of complex projects and tasks, and
• directing and mentoring staff members.
- 7-10+ years technical writing experience and proficiency in communicating with various audiences (e.g., health care providers, purchasers, and consumers).
- Proven track record of winning competitive contracts / grants from various funding organizations (e.g., Federal, state, and local government; foundations).
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects utilizing mixed methods approaches and quality measurement, improvement science and rapid cycle evaluation.
- Proven ability to develop research staff capacity in research design and methods, project management, client relationships, research publication, and business development.
- Commitment to AIR’s Mission and the application of research findings for the benefit of stakeholders.
Manager For Finance And Sponsored Research, Stanford University, United States, 5 days ago
Stanford University is seeking a Manager of Finance and Sponsored Research (Financial Analyst 3) in the Department of Medicine, Primary Care and Population Health to perform complex finance funct...
Senior Director, Programs Projects, Stanford University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Stanford School of Medicine, Department of Radiology continues to thrive in an ever-changing and challenging world. We are committed to excellence in patient care and being your partner to a heal...
Research Communications Librarian, Stanford University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Stanford Medicine is seeking a motivated and resourceful Research Communications Librarian (Librarian 2 or 3) to develop services to inform researchers and educators at Stanford Medicine about the...
Physician Wellness Academic Consortium Program Manager, Stanford University, United States, about 18 hours ago
The Stanford Medicine WellMD Center seeks a pioneering and experienced program manager for the Physician Wellness Academic Consortium (PWAC), a consortium of academic and academic-affiliated medic...
Faculty Administrator, Stanford University, United States, about 18 hours ago
Faculty Administrator Job Code: 4103 Job Grade: F FTE: 100%, Non-Exempt School of Engineering, Computer Science Department The School of Engineering Stanford Engineering has been at the forefron...
Managing Director – Som Operations, Stanford University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Stanford University School of Medicine, located in the heart of Silicon Valley, is a premier research-intensive medical school. Our mission is to improve health through discovery and innovation i...