The UNT Controller Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Principal Accountant to join our team. This position performs complex (journey-level) accounting work. Work involves preparing financial statements, records, documents, and reports. May specialize in some phase of accounting work such as federal funds accounting, bank reconciliations, or state funds accounting. Supervise and train others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Prepares and reviews financial statements, reports, schedules, and exhibits; prepares and audits general journal entries; and prepares and audits payment, cash, purchase, travel, and related vouchers.
* Prepares and reviews periodic analyses of fund balances and expenditures; and prepares technical reports for accounting review.
* Audits accounting and financial documents for accuracy and compliance with departmental policies and procedures and state and federal statutes.
* Classifies, codes, posts, and balances financial and accounting documents and records.
* Checks accounting operations in progress, and reviews and audits completed financial records for accuracy and conformance with legal and departmental procedures and regulations.
* Maintains and determines the accuracy and reliability of accounting records, such as expenditure, fund, appropriation, expense and revenue collection records, and ensures agency assets are accounted for properly.
* Analyzes and recommends improvements, adaptations, or revisions to the accounting system and accompanying procedures.
* Researches and reconciles discrepancies in accounts and reports findings.
* Assists in planning procedures and regulations to control accounting processes and in preparing letters of instruction, manual revisions, and related forms as necessary.
* May instruct staff on the maintenance of accounting records on expenditures and revenue collected, the posting of general ledgers, and the posting of journal entries and/or adjustments.
* May direct the maintenance of accounting records on receipts and disbursements in compliance with state and federal statutes, policies, and procedures.
* May assist in planning accounting and administrative support work procedures.
* May train others.
* Performs related work as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Financial Administrator Lead, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 1 day ago
Financial Administrator Lead( Job Number: 0176606) Description Job Purpose: Provide unit level team leadership and expert advice and problem solving related to financial matters. Perform advanced ...
Accounts Payable Associate Senior, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 2 hours ago
Accounts Payable Associate Senior( Job Number: 0176636) Description Job Purpose: Provide primary customer support to campus financial approvers and vendors for vendor payment issues. Provide admin...
Institutional Support Pbb (Administrative Officer),, University of Hawai`i at Hilo, United States, about 12 hours ago
UH Hilo Home > Faculty & Staff > Human Resources > Position Vacancies UH Hilo, College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Office, full-time, general funds, permanent, to begin approximately May 2018, pe...
Financial Administrator, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
This position has a term length of one year, with a possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca . Reporting to the Team Lead, ...
Financial Administrator Lead, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 9 days ago
Financial Administrator Lead( Job Number: 0176594) Description Job Purpose: Provide unit level team leadership and expert advice and problem solving related to financial matters. Perform advanced ...
Department Business Administrator, University of Alberta, Canada, 2 days ago
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry - Department of Ophthalmology Competition No. - S105228482D1 Posting Date - Mar 09, 2018 Closing Date - Mar 21, 2018 Position Type - Full Time - Ope...