The UNT Controller Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Principal Accountant to join our team. This position performs complex (journey-level) accounting work. Work involves preparing financial statements, records, documents, and reports. May specialize in some phase of accounting work such as federal funds accounting, bank reconciliations, or state funds accounting. Supervise and train others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Prepares and reviews financial statements, reports, schedules, and exhibits; prepares and audits general journal entries; and prepares and audits payment, cash, purchase, travel, and related vouchers.
* Prepares and reviews periodic analyses of fund balances and expenditures; and prepares technical reports for accounting review.
* Audits accounting and financial documents for accuracy and compliance with departmental policies and procedures and state and federal statutes.
* Classifies, codes, posts, and balances financial and accounting documents and records.
* Checks accounting operations in progress, and reviews and audits completed financial records for accuracy and conformance with legal and departmental procedures and regulations.
* Maintains and determines the accuracy and reliability of accounting records, such as expenditure, fund, appropriation, expense and revenue collection records, and ensures agency assets are accounted for properly.
* Analyzes and recommends improvements, adaptations, or revisions to the accounting system and accompanying procedures.
* Researches and reconciles discrepancies in accounts and reports findings.
* Assists in planning procedures and regulations to control accounting processes and in preparing letters of instruction, manual revisions, and related forms as necessary.
* May instruct staff on the maintenance of accounting records on expenditures and revenue collected, the posting of general ledgers, and the posting of journal entries and/or adjustments.
* May direct the maintenance of accounting records on receipts and disbursements in compliance with state and federal statutes, policies, and procedures.
* May assist in planning accounting and administrative support work procedures.
* May train others.
* Performs related work as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Accountant Iii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 22 hours ago
Accountant III( Job Number: 0178092) Description Job Purpose: Verify and post a variety of financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles and Institute policy. Compile and analyze...
Financial Administrator Iii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 4 days ago
Financial Administrator III( Job Number: 0178060) Description Job Purpose: Perform advanced financial records maintenance and report preparation and reconciliation within the business area of an a...
Accountant Ii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 22 hours ago
Accountant II( Job Number: 0178105) Description Job Purpose: Verify and post a variety of financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles and Institute policy. Compile and analyze ...
Financial Administrator Ii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 22 hours ago
Financial Administrator II( Job Number: 0178144) Description Job Purpose: Perform financial records maintenance and report preparation and reconciliation within the business area of an academic/re...
Senior Manager, Corporate Services Finance, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore, 5 days ago
Job Purpose This position will drive financial re-engineering processes and improve financial governance of the school. He/she would also be in-charge of the successful running of the day-to-day f...
Financial Analyst Iii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 22 hours ago
Financial Analyst III( Job Number: 0178109) Description Job Purpose: Develop and compile financial data and conduct often complex analyses, reconciliations and projections in support of an academi...