Requisition # HRC0570719A
Principal Investigator, Dr. Christie Jeon is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team! This individual would join the Cancer Prevention and Control Program at the Cedars-Sinai Cancer Institute. We seek highly motivated individuals interest in robust preparation for careers as independent investigators engaged in cancer epidemiological research that incorporates molecular approaches with environmental, behavioral and lifestyle factors to study disease risk, and outcomes.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
The Program of Cancer Prevention and Control is seeking a post-doctoral fellow with training in epidemiology and interest in prevention and control of gastrointestinal cancers. Recent efforts in our lab have focused on three areas:
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Conducts interviews about healthcare access or health behaviors
- Educational Requirements:
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Experience and Skillset:
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous three years
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization. Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment. Demonstrated aptitude to perform data analysis, reporting of results and literature search
- Maintains database for ongoing research studies requiring primary data collection on health behaviors
- Conducts analysis of existing datasets to evaluate risks and risk factors of pancreatic or gastric cancer
- Prior experience drafting peer-reviewed manuscripts as first author preferred
- Experience with statistical software: R, SAS, or STATA
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Cancer Prevention and Research
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.Apply Now Apply Later
Program Assistant, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, about 1 month ago
Responsibilities The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior is seeking to hire a Program Assistant to join the DMH+UCLA Center of Excellence (COE). The COE provides workforce developm...
Manufacturing Associate, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, about 1 month ago
Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Director of the Human Gene and Cell Therapy Facility (HGCTF), the HGCTF Staff Research Associate (SRA) is responsible for the manufacturing of human...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Southern California, United States, 26 days ago
Postdoctoral position, Role of molecular signaling in skin regional specification, The Chuong laboratory, University of Southern California, Los Angeles A postdoctoral position is available to stu...
Postdoctoral Scholar Research Associate, University of Southern California, United States, 13 days ago
USC Equity Research Institute 2022-2023 ERI Equity Data Postdoctoral Scholar – Research Associate Announcement The Equity Research Institute at the University of Southern California invites applic...
Staff Research Associate, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 24 days ago
Responsibilities Under the general supervision of the Principal Investigator, you will conduct studies with a mouse model of stroke and testing of the cellular effects of drug and biological thera...
Project Assistant, University of Southern California, United States, 26 days ago
The Center for Economic and Social Research (CESR) is an interdisciplinary institute in the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences (cesr.usc.edu/) that houses the USC mHealth Collabora...