Ctr Enviro Benefical Catalysis
The University of Kansas Center for Environmentally Beneficial Catalysis is seeking a well-qualified post-doctoral researcher to support an industry sponsored proprietary research project focused in the area of polymerization, kinetics, reaction engineering and separations. The successful candidate will possess excellent experimental and analytical skills, have strong oral and written communication abilities and be able to work in a hands-on, collaborative, energetic environment.
60% Research - Design and execution of experiments
- Analyze proprietary samples using analytical techniques including but not limited: to GC-FID and -MS, liquid chromatography, NMR, SEM, TEM, optical microscopy, and dynamic light scattering
- Design and construct new laboratory polymerization reactor with a specific focus on translation to reactor design and development of pilot and commercial scale reactors
- Set up and operate high and low-pressure reaction systems
20% Reporting - Write reports and Oral Presentations
- Writes technical reports and scientific papers for peer reviewed journals
- Present oral and written technical results to industry partners to convey scientific progress
- Assist in writing grant proposals to achieve funding goals for future research
15% Collaboration - Assist other laboratory members with experiments
- Assist the principal investigator to provide experimental and technical supervision of one or more graduate students
- Train new graduate students and research personnel on experimental methods
- Mentor and train undergraduate students conducting research projects
- Manage adjacent seed projects with undergraduate researchers in the fields of reaction engineering, thermodynamics, and separations
5% Laboratory protocol - Routine lab management
- Develop standard operating procedures and safety protocols for laboratory
- Ensuring systems are in place for efficient planning of lab supplies, records and document management
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an interim basis not to exceed 6-months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
Contact Information to Applicants
Nancy Crisp, email@example.com
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of the online application, cover letter, resume, & 3 professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Candidates will be evaluated on (i) the candidate’s research experience, as evidenced by a resume and cover letter, (ii) prior research publications and/or patent applications, (iii) references.
Application Review will begin 7/11/2019 and will be ongoing until a pool of qualified applicants have been identified.
Advertised Salary Range
Starting at $60,000.00
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
Limited Term End Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding, Limited Term
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).