A Postdoctoral Researcher position is available in Prof. Mei He’s lab in the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering at the University of Kansas. The Postdoctoral Researcher will be involved in developing biomimetic immunity using 3D bioprinting technology, and cellular engineering employed in cancer immunotherapy. The fellow will work alongside other researchers and mentor graduate students through their own independent projects.
A successful candidate is expected to be creative and self- motivated, and have strong written and oral communication skills. Postdoctoral salaries are commensurate with experience per the National Institutes of Health (NIH) scheme and are annual contract base upon funding availability.
80% Research & Development
- Develops innovative research and lead the research development in Dr. He’s research laboratory.
- Develops designs and conducts one or more large research efforts in line with the overall research plan in Dr He’s research group; Prepares, studies, and conserves scientific research materials; Identifies problems, recommends and implements solutions, hands-on conduction, data analysis, writing proposals and manuscript, presenting research work in the group meeting and other international and national meetings.
- Operates for advancing research and/or laboratory settings with considerable latitude. Act as liaison with other departments and research collaborators.
- Serve as the project leader for reviewing progress and evaluating results. May serve as co-PI or PI. May co-author or author publications.
- Trains, mentors and supervises graduate and undergraduate students.
- Maintains lab for overseeing daily operations of research settings.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of research and educational experiences in cover letter, (2) record of accomplishments in resume/curriculum vitae, (3) information from professional references, and (4) college transcripts.
Note: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed 6 months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
Contact Information to Applicants
Prof. Mei He, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Candidate Instruction
- A complete application consists of the online application, cover letter, resume, & 3 professional references.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Application review begins April, 15th, 2019 and continue until a pool of qualified applicants is received.
Application Review Begins
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding, Limited Term
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).