Chemical & Petroleum Engr
The University of Kansas Chemical and Petroleum Engineering department is seeking a well-qualified postdoctoral researcher to support an industry sponsored proprietary research project focused in the areas of phase-equilibrium thermodynamic and transport property measurements. The successful candidate will possess excellent experimental and analytical skills as well as strong oral and written communication abilities and be able to work in a hands-on, collaborative, and energetic environment.
60% Research - Design and execution of experiments
- Analyze proprietary systems using various measurement techniques including but not limited: to gravimetric microbalances, volumetric view cells, high-pressure vapor-liquid equilibrium apparatus, high-pressure density and viscosity, thermal conductivity, gas chromatography analysis, Karl-Fischer analysis, etc.
- Design and construct new laboratory equipment
- Data modeling and simulation
20% Reporting - Write reports and papers
- Writes technical reports and scientific papers for peer reviewed journals
- Present oral and written technical results to industry partners to convey scientific progress
- Prepare manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication
- Assist in writing grant proposals to achieve funding goals for future research
15% Collaboration - Assist other laboratory members with experiments
- Assist the principal investigator to provide experimental and technical supervision of one or more students
- Train new students and research personnel on experimental methods
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students conducting research projects
5% Laboratory protocol - Routine lab management
- Develop standard operating procedures and safety protocols for laboratory
- Ensuring systems are in place for efficient planning of lab supplies, records, and document management
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an interim basis not to exceed 6-months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
Contact Information to Applicants
RaeShelle Largo, email@example.com
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of the online application, cover letter, resume, & 3 professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Candidates will be evaluated on (i) the candidate’s research experience, as evidenced by a resume and cover letter, (ii) prior research publications and/or patent applications, (iii) references.
Application Review began on 08/01/2019 and will be ongoing until a pool of qualified applicants has been identified.
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding, Limited Term
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Student Research Assistant, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 18 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Student Research Assistant Classification Title Student Position Number 01203733 Hours Per Week 10-30 Department KU Weight Management Campus Loca...