Postdoctoral Researcher, UCLA Liquid Biopsy Laboratory Apply now to Postdoctoral Researcher, UCLA Liquid Biopsy Laboratory
- Molecular & Medical Pharmacolo / David Geffen School Of Medicin / UCLA
Salary range: The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by level of experience at appointment. See Table 23. The minimum salary rate for this position is $60,000.
Open date: June 8, 2023
Most recent review date: Friday, Jul 7, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Oct 31, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are currently seeking highly motivated PhD scientists to join our interdisciplinary research team at the UCLA Liquid Biopsy Laboratory. These positions are associated with the Department of Molecular & Medical Pharmacology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Our team, supported by the National Cancer Institute, consists of scientists, engineers, and physicians from UCLA and Cedars Sinai Medical Center. We are focused on developing cutting-edge tools to enable physicians to diagnose various types of cancer and prenatal diseases with increased precision and minimal invasiveness.
• Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
• Solid understanding of extracellular vesicle biology and proven hands-on experience with conventional extracellular vesicle characterization techniques
• Hands-on experience with analytical techniques such as qPCR, ddPCR, immunostaining, ELISA, WB, and microscopy techniques
• Practical experience with molecular processes, including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and NGS sequencing
• Self-starting, independent attitude with a strong desire to develop game-changing technologies and impact discovery in life sciences
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Capability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Candidates with the following qualifications will have an advantage:
• Demonstrable experience in developing novel bioassays
• Good understanding of cancer biology
• Practical experience or demonstrable understanding of bioinformatics databases/platforms, such as Human Protein Atlas, UniProt, Reactome, Cytoscape, etc.
• Comprehensive practical experience and knowledge of cellular assays and cell phenotyping (FACS, IHC, clonogenic, cytotoxicity, and viability)
• Experience in generating library preps for NGS
• Hands-on experience with RNAseq performed on human clinical samples
• Work disseminated in the form of peer-reviewed manuscripts
The position is open immediately. Interested candidates should submit a brief cover letter and curriculum vitae.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our EDI Statement FAQ document.
Reference check authorization release form - Complete and upload the reference check authorization release form
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
References may be contacted to verify experience.Apply link: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF08509
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
Los Angeles, CA
Apply now to Postdoctoral Researcher, UCLA Liquid Biopsy Laboratory or
Log in to your portfolio
Need help? Contact the hiring department .
The University of California, Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity .
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement
The University of California, Los Angeles is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities .
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports
Academic RECRUIT Personnel System
University of California, Los Angeles
© 2007-2023 The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Postdoctoral Scholar Position Shirihai Lab 2023 2024, University of California Los Angeles, United States, 9 days ago
Details Posted: 21-Sep-23 Location: Los Angeles, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4618942 Postdoctoral...
Post Doctoral Data Scientist, Drs. Sean Li And Kyoung Jae Won, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, United States, 16 days ago
Details Posted: 14-Sep-23 Location: Los Angeles, California Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Internal Number: HRC1376014 A postdoctoral data scientist position is avai...
Postdoctoral Fellow Developmental And Stem Cell Biology, City of Hope, United States, 15 days ago
About City of Hope City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research and...
Postdoctoral Fellow Immune Oncology, Vaccinology And Immunology, City of Hope, United States, about 12 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases. Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leade...
Postdoctoral Fellow Metabolic Disease Research, City of Hope, United States, 10 days ago
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. About City of Hope City of Hope is an independent research and treatment cent...
Postdoctoral Fellow Metabolic Disease Research, City of Hope, United States, 9 days ago
About City of Hope City of Hope is an independent research and treatment center for diabetes, cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Bringing together the best in bench-to bedside research, C...