Job TitlePostdoctoral Research Associate
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary$4,166.67 monthly
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Postdoctoral Research Associate will have to travel extensively to international study sites, collect primary data, conduct interviews, and work closely with a wide range of stakeholders and institutional contacts.
- PhD in Geography or allied social science discipline
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to conduct qualitative data collection for comparative case studies
- Ability to analyze and interpret primary documentary and quantitative material
- Ability to present research findings at academic conferences
- Ability to translate research analysis into peer-reviewed articles.
- Candidates are expected to possess excellent academic writing and communication skills in English.
- Have the capacity to pursue discipline-based and interdisciplinary work, and to conduct independent scientific research at a high level.
- Have proven skills in carrying out qualitative and quantitative (mixed methods) social research.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Other Requirements or Other Factors
- Must be eligible to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated statistical skills and knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SPSS) are welcome.
- Knowledge and research experience in sustainable transitions, water governance, water policy, sustainability studies, human-environment geography, or environmental social sciences.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven teamwork skills and commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration are advantages, as are a strong emerging track record in social research and international peer-reviewed publications.
- The successful candidate will have to travel extensively to international study sites, collect primary data, conduct interviews, and work closely with a wide range of stakeholders and institutional contacts.
- This position also requires strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, maintain overall program mission, and work cooperatively in a diverse team environment.
- In addition to pursuing her or his own data collection, the researcher will collaborate with PIs and other research team members in various ways, such as compiling literature reviews and co-authoring publications.
- Support the rest of the research team and project objectives, leading and contributing to academic publications, participating in team meetings, offering active support to graduate assistants on the project, engaging in presentations, and organizing workshops and other events related to the project.
- Organize and manage project data, arrange events and meetings relating to the project, engage in project management, and contribute to the analysis and dissemination of the research. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Research Associate, TAMHSC, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job Title Research Associate Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Microbial Pathogenesis And Immunology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job T...
Research Assistant, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title Research Assistant Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Biomedical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description ...
Postdoctoral Researchers In Earth Systems Modeling, American Geophysical Union, United States, about 22 hours ago
Postdoctoral and Assistant Research Scientists Positions at Texas A&M University Overview: The Qingdao National Laboratory for Marine Science and Technology (QNLM), Texas A&M University (TAMU), an...
Research Assistant, TAMHSC, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Research Assistant Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Microbial Pathogenesis And Immunology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job T...
Technical Assistant I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 2 days ago
Job Title Technical Assistant I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Materials Science & Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job ...
Program Assistant, TAMHSC, United States, about 17 hours ago
Job Title Program Assistant Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Health Promotion & Community Health Sciences Proposed Minimum Salary $15.00 hourly Job Location College Sta...