Job TitlePostdoctoral Research Associate
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
The Postdoctoral Research Associate will conduct research and documentation associated with NAGPRA compliance, including archival and historical research, collections surveys and assessments, development of the project database, and contribution to determinations of cultural affiliation. Essential job duties include digital archives and database management, collections management, and supervision of undergraduate interns.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD in Anthropology - If the degree had not been conferred at the time applicant applied for a postdoc position, a letter needs to be attached from the school's official Graduate Office and/or Registrar's Office certifying that all requirements for the degree have been met and stating the degree conferral date
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Supervise undergraduate students
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to lift 40lbs, move boxes of archaeological materials
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PhD in Archaeology, Physical Anthropology, and/or Bioarchaeology
- NAGPRA (Native American Graves and Repatriation Act) Compliance
- Archaeological Curation
- Digital archives & Database management
- Collections management
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Texas Prehistory & Native American descendant communities
- Ability to engage in respectful and culturally sensitive dialogue
- Compile and digitize project documentation
- Complete collections surveys and assessments
- Contribute to determination of cultural affiliations
- Establish project database
- Develop digital finding aid
- Oversee and facilitate undergraduate research contributions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Editorial Assistant, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 5 days ago
Job Title Editorial Assistant Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Mechanical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description...
Research Associate, TAMHSC, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Title Research Associate Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Microbial Pathogenesis And Immunology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job T...
Research Assistant, TAMHSC, United States, 26 days ago
Job Title Research Assistant Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Microbial Pathogenesis And Immunology Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job T...
Post Doctoral Researcher, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 8 days ago
Job Title Post Doctoral Researcher Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Biomedical Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Descri...
Executive Assistant Ii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Executive Assistant II Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Vice Chancellor Engineering Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Des...
Program Assistant, TAMHSC, United States, 13 days ago
Job Title Program Assistant Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Health Promotion & Community Health Sciences Proposed Minimum Salary $15.00 hourly Job Location College Sta...