Job TitlePostdoctoral Research Associate
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationHouston, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to serve as a member of the laboratory team in the Center for Genomic and Precision Medicine. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring their experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
- Appropriate doctoral degree.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to perform all tasks and job responsibilities without injury to self and others in compliance with A&M System and HSC guidelines.
- Provide a safe environment that fosters respect, inclusion, and equality of all faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Must be literate in the English language and able to comprehend and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- PhD Degree in biological science.
- Two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with molecular mechanisms in vascular and metabolic studies in genetic animal models.
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities.
The scientist will perform fundamental and/or translational investigations at a level appropriate for a Postdoctoral Research Associate. Studies will be conducted using the standard techniques appropriate for biochemical, genetic, cellular, and animal model systems as they relate to cardiovascular diseases. The scientist will assist the Principle Investigator by organizing and conducting mouse heart remodeling project, echocardiography, performing Langendorff, TAC and 1/R procedures, generation of genetic mouse models (knockout, transgenic, etc.)
- Investigations utilizing a wide range of experimental procedures carried out at the in vivo, as well as, the in vitro level including co-lmmunoprecipitation, BiFC assay, PCR, Q-PCR, Western blot analysis, RNA-seq, ATAC, MS, fluorescence microscopy, and tissue cultures.
- Assist in the preparation of tables, graphs, photographs, and figures, which will include library research into new approaches. Contribute as needed to the preparation of manuscripts, grant proposals, and publishable reports for conferences and journal presentations.
- Participate in weekly lab meetings within the center and other departments. Participate in joint projects involving faculty, junior lab personnel, and graduate students. Assist graduate students and junior lab personnel.
- Maintain lab equipment and supplies, occasionally order and receive supplies and equipment, records, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Research Assistant, Texas A&M University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Job Title Research Assistant Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Ibt - Cedp - Dashwood Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Houston, Texas Job Type Staff Job ...
Space Physics Postdoc, Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 1 hour ago
What You Will Do ISR-1 has an international reputation in the detection of nuclear phenomenology and in the data analysis, simulation and modeling of the natural space environment. ISR-1 is engage...
Research Tec 4, Los Alamos National Security, United States, 6 days ago
Vacancy Name: IRC78533 Description Job Title Research Tec 4 Location Los Alamos, NM, US Organization Name AMPP-1/Heat Source technologies Minimum Salary 61500 Maximum Salary 97700 What You Will Do...
Bioscience Post Master's Student, Los Alamos National Security, United States, 7 days ago
General background in biology, plant physiology, and biochemistry. Demonstrated experience in crop species cultivation in greenhouse environment. Demonstrated experience in collection of data for ...
Low Temperature Detector Post Master’S Student, Los Alamos National Security, United States, 32 minutes ago
We are seeking highly motivated and technically excellent candidates to join Los Alamos National Laboratory’s Low-Temperature Detector (LTD) Research and Development (R&D) team. Our focus is on th...
Atmospheric Modeling Post Bachelor's Research Assistant (Post Bachelor's Student), Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 1 hour ago
What You Will Do The transport and dispersion team within the Information Systems & Modeling Group (A-1) provides support for a wide variety of government agencies primarily focused on global secu...