Postdoctoral Research Associate - Orthopaedic Biomechanics Laboratory (Job ID #117473)
This position is a principal contributor in research projects focused on biomechanics in joint replacement. Plan and perform complex laboratory experiments, data collection and analysis required to complete assigned projects. In addition this position is required to publish original research in peer review journals, along with assisting in writing grants and progress reports to funding agencies. Participate in day-to-day laboratory management duties and coordinate and direct the work and research tasks of lower level research staff.
- Refine and develop new research approaches based on project requirements.
- Develop objectives, initiate, and execute multiple research projects under institutional and government regulations.
- Conduct, coordinate and trouble-shoot advanced laboratory experiments using a variety of bio-analytical methods and instrumentation.
- Conceptualize and create computer tomography-based finite element models.
- Design and execution of research experiments using cadaveric specimens.
- Collect and analyze laboratory data using quantitative and statistical methods.
- Advise on new directions for research projects based on experimental results.
- Prepare and organize laboratory data and write laboratory reports.
- Author and co-author articles for publications and present research findings in scientific meetings.
- Support the lab director with grant writing and in the supervision of student and orthopedic residents’ research.
- Prepare research progress reports.
Terminal degree (PhD or equivalent) in scientific field (biotechnology, biology, or bio-chemistry) required. A minimum of one year experience in scientific research preferred.
Preferred job knowledge and skills: engineering and biomechanics, bioengineering, electronics and instrumentation, engineering hardware and software.
Post Doctoral Fellow, Department Of Orthopaedics And Traumatology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (21000) Categories: Academic-related Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Post-doctoral Fellow in the Depa...
Associate Researcher, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
At the Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, at the Sahlgrenska Academy, we conduct research and education covering a wide range of knowledge areas. The institute comprises five different depa...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Chemistry, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Location AE Organization Name Chemistry About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa ...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Materials Science, University of Oulu, Findland, about 9 hours ago
University of Oulu (http://www.oulu.fi/english/ ) is an international science university, which creates innovation for the future, well-being, and knowledge through multidisciplinary research and ...
University Assistant (Post Doc) Biorefinery, Technische Universität Wien, Austria, 7 days ago
Job Position The Institute of Chemical, Environmental and Bioscience Engineering, E166, Research Unit of Thermal Process Engineering and Simulation E166-02, of TU Wien, Vienna, Austria is seeking ...
Research Team Leaders (# Of Pos: 3), Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Poland, 27 days ago
Position: Research Team Leaders Number of vacancies: 3 Field: ŁUKASIEWICZ Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development: Chemical Science Wroclaw University of Science and Techn...