Postdoctoral Research Associate - Orthopaedic Biomechanics Laboratory (Job ID #117473)
This position is a principal contributor in research projects focused on biomechanics in joint replacement. Plan and perform complex laboratory experiments, data collection and analysis required to complete assigned projects. In addition this position is required to publish original research in peer review journals, along with assisting in writing grants and progress reports to funding agencies. Participate in day-to-day laboratory management duties and coordinate and direct the work and research tasks of lower level research staff.
- Refine and develop new research approaches based on project requirements.
- Develop objectives, initiate, and execute multiple research projects under institutional and government regulations.
- Conduct, coordinate and trouble-shoot advanced laboratory experiments using a variety of bio-analytical methods and instrumentation.
- Conceptualize and create computer tomography-based finite element models.
- Design and execution of research experiments using cadaveric specimens.
- Collect and analyze laboratory data using quantitative and statistical methods.
- Advise on new directions for research projects based on experimental results.
- Prepare and organize laboratory data and write laboratory reports.
- Author and co-author articles for publications and present research findings in scientific meetings.
- Support the lab director with grant writing and in the supervision of student and orthopedic residents’ research.
- Prepare research progress reports.
Terminal degree (PhD or equivalent) in scientific field (biotechnology, biology, or bio-chemistry) required. A minimum of one year experience in scientific research preferred.
Preferred job knowledge and skills: engineering and biomechanics, bioengineering, electronics and instrumentation, engineering hardware and software.
Postdoc Fall Prevention In Elite And Consumer Cycling, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 26 days ago
Is it your dream to combine your passion for cycling with a desire to improve performance, human health, and well-being? If so, the departments of BioMechanical Engineering at TU Delft want you to...
Asistant Research Didactic, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 16 days ago
Employee will be responsible for doing research and teaching in the fields of Engineering Drawing, Machine Design, Mechanics, Computer Aided Design, Computer Graphics, Biomechanics. Candidates for...
Research Fellow, Rehabilitation Technologies And Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
Rehabilitation Research Institute of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Fellow. Key Responsibilities: Development of a method to profile the upper limb physical ability of...
Research Assistant, Wastewater Treatment Using Mn Bs, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Job Description The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a post-doc position starting March 2020 to work on a research ...
Research Fellow, Spinal Cord Injury Experiments For Neural Tissue Engineering Research, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
A Research Fellow position is available in the laboratory of Dr. CHEW Sing Yian at School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering to a highly motivated candidate who has a passion for in vivo spin...
Two Positions For Early Stage Researchers (Esr) In Tissue Engineering/Ultrafast Laser Micro ... (# Of Pos: 2), Institute of Electronics-BAS, Bulgaria, 27 days ago
Marie Sklodowska-Curie Early Stage Research Fellows (ESR) Institute of Electronics-Bulgarian Academy of Sciences The Institute of Electronics-Bulgarian Academy of Sciences is looking for two Early...