Postdoctoral Research Associate - Orthopaedic Biomechanics Laboratory (Job ID #117473)
This position is a principal contributor in research projects focused on biomechanics in joint replacement. Plan and perform complex laboratory experiments, data collection and analysis required to complete assigned projects. In addition this position is required to publish original research in peer review journals, along with assisting in writing grants and progress reports to funding agencies. Participate in day-to-day laboratory management duties and coordinate and direct the work and research tasks of lower level research staff.
- Refine and develop new research approaches based on project requirements.
- Develop objectives, initiate, and execute multiple research projects under institutional and government regulations.
- Conduct, coordinate and trouble-shoot advanced laboratory experiments using a variety of bio-analytical methods and instrumentation.
- Conceptualize and create computer tomography-based finite element models.
- Design and execution of research experiments using cadaveric specimens.
- Collect and analyze laboratory data using quantitative and statistical methods.
- Advise on new directions for research projects based on experimental results.
- Prepare and organize laboratory data and write laboratory reports.
- Author and co-author articles for publications and present research findings in scientific meetings.
- Support the lab director with grant writing and in the supervision of student and orthopedic residents’ research.
- Prepare research progress reports.
Terminal degree (PhD or equivalent) in scientific field (biotechnology, biology, or bio-chemistry) required. A minimum of one year experience in scientific research preferred.
Preferred job knowledge and skills: engineering and biomechanics, bioengineering, electronics and instrumentation, engineering hardware and software.
Postdoctoral Fellowships In Artificial Intelligence For Ultrasound Medical Imaging At University Of Zurich (Switzerland), ETH, Switzerland, 2 days ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: Post Doc Position / Senior Scientist 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Medical Technology Functional Area Academic Research / Teaching Engineering...
Postdoc Researcher In Philosophy Of Technology, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 1 day ago
Postdoc researcher in philosophy of technology The department of philosophy of the University of Twente is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher (3 years) to do a philosophical analysis of sociall...
Post Doc Position: "Safety Assessment Of Graphene And Graphene Related Materials In Vitro", Empa, Switzerland, about 21 hours ago
Empa - the place where innovation starts Empa is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and th...
Research Assistant / Engineer, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Research Assistant / Engineer - 00C89 Description A Research Assistant / Engineer position is open in the research group of Assistant Professor Wang Hao, at the Department of Mechanical Engineerin...
Post Doctors With Focus On Cyber Physical Systems (Cps) Intelligence For Production Automation And Digitalization, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 21 hours ago
Luleå University of Technology is experiencing strong growth with world-leading competence in several areas of research. Our research is conducted in close collaboration with industries such as Bo...
Postdoctoral Position, Molecular Microbiology, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 6 days ago
The Faculty of Science is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy in the Department of Bioscience Engineering for a Postdoctoral researcher in the area of molecular microbiology This postdoc po...