Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research position at Purdue University which will be joint between the Purdue Quantum Science and Engineering Institute at Discovery Park, the Institute for Business Analytics at Krannert School of Management, and the Center for Systems in College of Engineering. We seek candidates with a background in quantum information science, quantum computing, and quantum algorithms who are interested in applications to solve real-world problems such as optimization, data science, business, finance, and economics, among others. The postdoctoral researcher will work with the Quantum Informatics and Data Analytics Team , which includes Yong Chen, Souvik Das, Supriyo Datta, Abhijit Deshmukh, Andreas Jung, Sabre Kais, and Karthik Kannan. Applications will be reviewed as received and the position is expected to be filled no later than September 1, 2020.
- Ph.D. in physics, chemistry, electrical/computer engineering, computer science, math, business, or a related field by September 1, 2020.
- Background in quantum information science, quantum computing, and/or quantum algorithms.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime) Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a CV and a brief (1-2 page) research interest statement to David Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org). The research interest statement should also suggest 2-3 faculty members with whom he or she would like to work (including at least one from quantum science/engineering and at least one from industrial engineering/management).
Postdoctoral Research Associate In Astroparticle Physics, Department of Physics & Astronomy, United States, about 19 hours ago
Position ID:Purdue -Department of Physics & Astronomy -PRA [#16296] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, United States [map ] Subject Area: ...
Faculty Fellow Communications, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, about 15 hours ago
Provide quality and engaging instruction in all delivery methods and formats within specific academic programs; provide timely and meaningful feedback to students regarding the mastery of course a...