Postdoctoral Research Associate in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology: Department of Physiology and Biophysics
Posted on November 28, 2023
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Alexandra Naba in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Illinois Chicago.
Dr. Naba’s research uses cutting-edge proteomics to decipher the roles of the extracellular matrix (ECM) in development, health, and diseases. You can learn more about our research here: https://nabalab.uic.edu/ .
The Naba lab has received funding support from the NIH Human BioMolecular Atlas Program (HuBMAP ) to build an atlas of the human ECM at the organ and cell levels. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team and lead this effort.
• Analyze, interpret, and integrate multiomic datasets (scRNA-seq, CODEX, proteomics) generated by the Naba lab and contributing members of the HuBMAP consortium
• Perform data mining of publicly available proteomic datasets as part of the Matrisome Project and MatrisomeDB
• Work in close collaboration with wet-lab scientists and develop analysis pipelines to support hypothesis-driven research
• Become an integral member of our research team and contribute to publications and development of open-access resources to advance ECM research
• Ph.D. in biology, bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, or related field
• Familiarity with biological data analysis including single-cell RNA-seq and/or proteomics
• Strong programming skills (proficiency in either R or Python is a must) and experience working with large volumes of data
• High accuracy and reliability in the processing of large-scale data and solid understanding of quantitative methods
• Experience with database management is a plus
• Collaborative mindset and motivation to work in an international and interdisciplinary environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV including list of publications, and contact information of three references to Dr. Naba .
Review of applicants will start immediately. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis and will continue until the position is filled. Competitive compensation will be offered based on experience. Qualifying postdoctoral associates are eligible for full UIC benefits. Relocation package may be available.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899 .
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Recruitics, United States, 24 days ago
Job Summary: We are seeking a creative and a self-motivated post-doctoral fellow to join a multi- disciplinary laboratory at Rush University in the Department of Surgery. The fellow will work on r...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Plant Evolutionary Genomics In Changing Environments, Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Chicago, United States, 14 days ago
The laboratory of Dr. Julia Kreiner in the Department of Ecology & Evolution at The University of Chicago is seeking outstanding postdoctoral candidates to initiate projects in Plant Evolutionary ...
Pt Research Assistant, DePaul University, United States, 23 days ago
Details Posted: 01-Feb-24 Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60601 Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 236016625 DePaul University PT Research Assistant Li...
Postdoctoral Appointee Bioimaging Applications Of Combined Focused Ion Beam And X Ray Nanoprobe, Argonne, United States, about 14 hours ago
Argonne is a multidisciplinary science and engineering research center, where talented scientists and engineers work together to answer the biggest questions facing humanity, from how to obtain af...
Pt Research Assistant, DePaul University, United States, 21 days ago
Details Posted: 04-Feb-24 Location: Chicago, IL, US, 60601 Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Other Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 236275470 DePaul University Job Identification: 1296...
Postdoctoral Researcher At Rank Instructor, Department Of Race, Diaspora, And Indigeneity , The University of Chicago, United States, 19 days ago
The University of Chicago Academic Jobs Postdoctoral Researcher at rank Instructor, Department of Race, Diaspora, and Indigeneity Department of Race, Diaspora, and Indigeneity, Social Sciences Div...