Posted by hagansa2 on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 in Job Opportunities .
The Cruchaga Lab, member of the NeuroGenomics and Informatics Center, is recruiting a motivated, creative, self-driven Postdoctoral Research Associate to work on patient and isogenic control induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived neurons and downstream applications such as transcriptomics to study pathogenicity in Alzheimer disease (AD.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate will be mentored by Drs. Cruchaga and Tayebi and will focus on the identification and characterization of novel genes implicated in AD. Towards this end, various cell lines combined with molecular, cellular, biochemical and pharmacological methods will be utilized to functionally characterize AD-associated genes for subsequent transcriptomic and proteomic analyses. The new Postdoctoral Research Associate will work in a collegial environment and join a multidisciplinary, diverse team in a well-stablished, well-funded research group, currently 35+ dynamic members, developing bioinformatics, analyzing multi omics data and performing functional genomics analyses to explore the frontiers of AD.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing and maintaining iPSC cultures.
• Organizing and performing iPSC- differentiation to neuronal and microglia cell lines.
• Working closely with the senior scientist in the wet lab on the design, conduct and reporting of research projects.
• Performing other wet lab experiments including DNA/RNA extraction, immunocytochemistry, ELISA, and flow cytometry.
• Conducting literature reviews related to research projects, designing and performing the experiments, interpreting the results, writing reports and papers.
• PhD (or expect to obtain a degree in the near future) in cellular biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, neurobiology, neuroscience, or a related discipline.
• Strong background and demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics or RNA biology.
• Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture, Northern and Western blotting, ELISA, qPCR, RNA/DNA delivery (e.g. mRNA, siRNA, ASO, lentivirus technology, transient transfection, loss/gain of function experiments), immunocytochemistry, light and confocal microscopy. Prior experience with induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) cultures is advantageous.
• Knowledge of flow cytometry, cell sorting, high-throughput screening and cell-based screening (e.g., luciferase assays, high-content imaging, massively parallel/multiplexed assays, etc.) is desirable but not required.
• Ability to interpret and discuss experiments, critically contribute to writing of manuscripts and grant proposals is expected.
• The candidate should be well-organized, able to multi-task with excellent lab bench skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Prior experience in AD or neurodegenerative diseases research is desirable but not required.
• Proficiency in written and oral English is mandatory.
This position is located at the NeuroGenomics and Informatics Center, Department of Psychiatry, Washington University in St. Louis.
Interested candidates send Cover Letter and CV to Dr. Tayebi (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Tags: Job Opportunities , Job Posting: Postdoc
Post Doctoral Position In Membrane Based Nano Mechanobiology, Institute of Photonic Sciences, Luxembourg, about 8 hours ago
ICFO is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment...
Postdoc In Mechanobiology, Department of Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy, Italy, 28 days ago
29 Oct 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Department of Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, Federico II University of Naples, Italy Research Field Engineering Researcher Profile R...
Post Doctoral Researcher, McGill University, Canada, 2 days ago
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply. If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or positio...
Associate Researcher In Translational Single Cell Genomics (Pa2023/3482) , University of Lund, Sweden, 5 days ago
Description of the workplace The Center for Translational Genomics (CTG) is a prioritized research infrastructure at the Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, which is part of the Clinical Genomi...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (M/F/D) | Cell Growth Control In Health And Age Related Disease, Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne, Germany, 16 days ago
Job Code: 23-2023 Job Offer from November 07, 2023 The Max Planck Research Group “Cell Growth Control in Health and Age-related Disease” headed by Dr. Constantinos Demetriades is looking for a ful...
Research Fellow (Biological Sciences), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 29 days ago
28 Oct 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Application De...