Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation.
- University of Saskatchewan
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Job Category
- Post Doctoral Appointments
- Approximately $60,000 Canadian per year plus benefits
- Start Date
- Last Date to Apply
- The Department of Biology at the University of Saskatchewan is seeking a 12-month postdoctoral fellow to lead two projects focused on movement ecology of migratory birds. The first project comprises development of novel movement models, streamlining GPS-acceleration (ACC) tracking device duty cycles, and data summarization to connect the full annual cycle and prioritize conservation investments for waterfowl. The second project harnesses the full annual approach to study greater white-fronted geese representing five populations distributed in Asia, Europe and North America. The postdoctoral fellow will use an existing (and building) data set from GPS-ACC tracking devices deployed on greater white-fronted geese to quantify and compare migration strategies, movements and behavior to guide next steps in global conservation planning of this species. There also are opportunities to explore population-specific research questions, consistent with the expertise of the selected candidate. In addition, there will be opportunities to collaborate on several projects in movement and population ecology in the Weegman lab. This project is an international partnership among researchers at Aarhus University (Denmark), Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, Canadian Wildlife Service, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Ducks Unlimited Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Institute for Waterbird and Wetlands Research (Germany), Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism, Leiden University (Netherlands), Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior (Germany), National Parks and Wildlife Service (Ireland), Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, University of Saskatchewan, US Fish and Wildlife Service and US Geological Survey.
- Minimum qualifications: Ph.D. in statistics, wildlife ecology or closely related field Skills in Program R Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication Ability to work independently and as part of a research team Preferred qualifications: Skills in JAGS Experience forming and running animal movement models Knowledge and experience in avian ecology To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement and contact information for three references to Dr. Mitch Weegman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Contact Person
- Mitch Weegman
- Contact eMail
Bookmark the permalink .
Comments are closed.
Postdoctoral Researcher Position In Ecology: Agrobiodiversity And Pest Control Resilience, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, 6 days ago
Department of Ecology at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences is recruiting a postdoctoral researcher in ecology. The Department of Ecology has eight research units: environmental ecology/s...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Population Genomics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
Department of Biology Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Biology, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering a post doc position to work on population ge...
Postdoc On The International Surveillance For Pandemic Emergence: From Surveillance To Action, Erasmus MC (University Medical Center Rotterdam), Netherlands, 23 days ago
Postdoc on the international surveillance for pandemic emergence: From surveillance to action Postdoc on the international surveillance for pandemic emergence: From surveillance to action Publishe...
Postdoc Position In Microfabrication And Functionalization Of Sensing Elements , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
The Mads Clausen Institute, NanoSYD Centre invites applications for a fully-funded Postdoc position on Interreg Deutschland-Danmark project "PRECISE - Intelligent solution for sustainable meat pro...
Era Green Hydrogen Fellowships For International Master Students • Daad, DAAD, Germany, about 14 hours ago
Overview Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung. A print version of this announcement (PDF) is ava...
Multiple Ph D And Postdoctoral Researcher Positions (M/F/D), Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne, Germany, about 2 hours ago
Job Offer from January 27, 2023 The Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research in Cologne, Germany, is seeking to fill multiple PhD and postdoctoral researcher positions (m/f/d) to join an ...