Job Posting Title:Postdoctoral Fellow
Hiring Department:Center for Transportation Research
Position Open To:All Applicants
Weekly Scheduled Hours:40
Earliest Start Date:Immediately
Position Duration:Expected to Continue Until Dec 31, 2020
Location:PICKLE RESEARCH CAMPUS
Job Description:To conduct transportation-related research within the Center for Transportation Research for projects sponsored by agencies such as local and regional Texas transportation agencies, the Texas Department of Transportation, and the U.S. Department of Transportation. The postdoctoral fellow may also have the opportunity to collaborate with graduate students, faculty, and researchers at other research institutions.
- Handles applied research projects involving advanced transportation modeling and analysis tools and transportation data analytics
- Emphasizes modeling tasks to include research and project management to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results to project sponsors
- Contributes to the preparation of reports summarizing project results, and disseminating findings through conferences and journal publications when appropriate
- Identifies potential research needs and desirable model extensions and improvements, and identifies potential uses of data for model improvement
- Performs other related functions as assigned, e.g. attending meetings at and making visits to Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and other sponsor locations to assist in understanding and applying modeling and analysis tools, collaborating with faculty, and supervising the work of graduate/undergraduate students
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Transportation) received within the last three years
- Experience using transportation data, such as data from ITS sensors and probe vehicles
- Demonstrated research record in the area of transportation network modeling, including travel demand and traffic assignment
- Demonstrated experience conducting independent work for deliverables-based projects, including presenting results through reports, journal articles, and presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Experience in the development of web applications using R and its Shiny package, including applications that connect to live data streams
- Experience in the use of relational databases and SQL
- Experience writing research proposals for funding
- Working experience in the use of simulation-based dynamic traffic assignment (DTA) tools
- Familiarity with Linux and command-line environments
- Familiarity with programming in Python
$60,0000 + depending on qualifications
May work around standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Use of manual dexterity
- Climbing of stairs
- Lifting and moving
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers: You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Important for Current university employees and contingent workers: As a current university employee or contingent worker, you MUST apply within Workday by searching for Find UT Jobs. If you are a current University employee, log-in to Workday, navigate to your Worker Profile, click the Career link in the left- hand navigation menu and then update the sections in your Professional Profile before you apply. This information will be pulled in to your application. The application is one page and you will be prompted to upload your resume. In addition, you must respond to the application questions presented to upload any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) that were noted above.
Employment Eligibility:Please make sure you meet all the required qualifications and you can perform all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Retirement Plan Eligibility:This position is not eligible for a retirement plan.
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer , complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
The University of Texas at Austin will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment. Failure to do so will result in loss of employment at the university.
The University of Texas at Austin use E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires effective May 2015. The university’s company ID number for purposes of E-Verify is 854197. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
- E-Verify Poster (English) [PDF]
- E-Verify Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (English) [PDF]
- Right To Work Poster (Spanish) [PDF]
Employees may be required to report violations of law under Title IX and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act). If this position is identified a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified and provided resources for reporting. Responsible employees under Title IX are defined and outlined in HOP-3031 .
The Clery Act requires all prospective employees be notified of the availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety report. You may access the 2019 report here or obtain a copy at University Compliance Services, 1616 Guadalupe, Suite UTA 2.206, Austin, TX 78701.
Assistant Iii, Administrative, Austin Community College District, United States, about 19 hours ago
Location Rio Grande Note: Because of the COVID 19 pandemic, this position will work remotely in Fall 2020 until the campus opens again. Hours 40 hours/week 8am-5pm Salary Assistant 6/116 ($31,200....