|Working Title||Postdoctoral Fellow-Team Scientist|
|Position Location||Fort Collins, CO|
|Research Professional Position||Yes|
|Position Type||Admin Professional/ Research Professional|
|Classification Title||Postdoctoral Fellows|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Proposed Annual Salary Range||$60,000 - $65,000 Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications|
Colorado State University (CSU) is committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU’s Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time faculty and administrative professional employees in the following University benefit areas: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/ & https://hr.colostate.edu/prospective-employees/our-perks/ .
|Desired Start Date|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on||09/20/2021|
|Description of Work Unit||
The Institute for Research in the Social Sciences (IRISS) is a Level II Core Facility supported by the Office of the Vice President for Research and College of Liberal Arts at Colorado State University which aims to connect and support social scientists with other researchers, as well as university, community, and industry partners. We develop and deliver services that enhance social science research capacity, help to improve grant competitiveness campus-wide, promote interdisciplinary research networking opportunities and provide research methods training in support of the University’s land grant mission.
Under the supervision of the Team Scientist – the postdoc will lead, manage, develop, and participate in research for client-based team science research projects. This position will focus primarily on interdisciplinary projects in collaboration with the One Health Institute, which takes a transdisciplinary approach to advance health for humans, animals, and the environment. CSU OHI works to solve complex problems at this intersection through research, training, outreach, and advocacy. The institute supports transdisciplinary research that spans all eight colleges at CSU and provides infrastructure and framework for collaborative engagement, networking, and teaming to find solutions to complex problems.
This position will be responsible for conducting research and completing project-based assignments to support and develop interdisciplinary teams. Responsibilities include developing and facilitating team science workshops, conducting team evaluations and assessments, preparing reports and outcomes of facilitated activities, interfacing with scientists from diverse disciplines, supporting team interventions, and conducting research related to the science of team science. We welcome applicants to explain how their background extends to the science of team science. This position may also engage in training and mentoring IRISS staff and research assistants.
The successful candidate will build strong and positive working relationships with staff, unit directors, researchers, campus faculty, and administrators, as well as external community and business partners as required with each project and grant. Occasional travel and working non-standard hours are expected and will support other organizational priorities, as defined by the Team Scientist and Director of IRISS.
Mentors: the postdoctoral fellow will have multiple mentors. Dr. Nickel, Team Scientist who will be the direct supervisor; Dr. Cross, Director of IRISS and PI of the Team Science Core for the CCTSI; Dr. VandeWoude, Director of the One Health Institute.
|Required Job Qualifications||
* Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree as of September 1, 2021.
* Must demonstrate experience in interdisciplinary science teams.
* Experience developing or leading group facilitation processes.
* Demonstrated experience with research and/or community collaboration and partnerships.
* Demonstrated research experience in the social sciences, human health, animal health, and/or environmental health.
|Preferred Job Qualifications||
* Demonstrated knowledge of the Science of Team Science field and best practices.
* Knowledge of human subjects research regulatory practices, including CITI certification or equivalent.
* Self-motivated and possess the ability to work in diverse settings with autonomy and decision-making authority.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent verbal, editing, and writing skills.
* Experience in program evaluation and assessment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the use of multiple social science research methods, including qualitative and quantitative methods and social network analysis and software (e.g. Stata, NVivo, R, Cytoscape, ONA Surveys, EgoNet, Gephi).
Personal and professional commitment to diversity and inclusion as demonstrated by involvement in teaching, research, creative activity, service to the profession and/or diversity/inclusion activities.
|Job Duty Category||Facilitation and Project Management|
1. Manage awarded grants, project activities, and associated contract deliverables.
2. Utilize a variety of data collection methods, including interviews, focus groups, surveys, etc. to meet research project goals.
3. Provide tools and expert knowledge in designing and building educational interventions for existing teams.
4. Facilitate scientific teams in the process of team formation.
5. Train, facilitate and assist teams in building capacity to become competitive on large interdisciplinary funding proposals.
6. Develop and lead team science projects for internal and external clients.
7. Develop and lead workshops, conferences, training, and presentations related to the science of team science.
8. Develop and implement appropriate metrics and research, support research, and grant collaborations in support of IRISS’s strategic plan.
9. Provide timely written reports outlining results of facilitated meetings and outlining action plans related to team development.
|Percentage Of Time||50%|
|Job Duty Category||Research and Scholarship|
1. Develop independent research and program evaluation tools, protocols, and plans related to transdisciplinary team science and One Health.
2. Independent and collaborative analysis of data in preparation for writing and producing reports and manuscripts.
3. Develop and manage the writing and production of reports for public dissemination and academic audiences.
4. Attend conferences, workshops, and events for professional development and advancement of the field of transdisciplinary team science.
|Percentage Of Time||40%|
|Job Duty Category||Administration and Supervision|
1. Follow policies and procedures related to research quality and data management.
2. Work with internal and external research partners to develop research plans and provide support needed to complete projects and grant-funded research.
3. Supervise, manage, and mentor undergraduate and graduate research assistants.
|Percentage Of Time||10%|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter which addresses how professional experiences align with identified required and preferred qualifications of the position, a current resume, and the names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Conditions of Employment||Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)|
|Search Contact||Nicole Franklin|
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Director of the Office of Title IX Programs and Gender Equity, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-1715, email@example.com .
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
|Background Check Policy Statement||
Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Postdoctoral Position In Optics, Optical Materials, And Spectroscopy, Menoni Research Group- ECE Department, United States, about 4 hours ago
Position ID:Colorado State University -Menoni Research Group- ECE Department -POSTDOC [#19973] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, United St...
Post Doc: Bird Migration Forecasting For Conservation Applications, Colorado State University, United States, 6 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyColorado State UniversityLocationFort Collins, ColoradoJob CategoryPost Doctoral AppointmentsSalary$60,000-$...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Quantitative Ecology: Colorado, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), United States, 19 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyU.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)LocationFort Collins, ColoradoJob CategoryPost Doctoral AppointmentsSal...
Postdoctoral Fellow Open Pool, Colorado State University, United States, about 4 hours ago
The Department of Mathematics is currently seeking applicants who are interested in obtaining postdoctoral research experience in one of the department’s research areas. We anticipate hiring sever...