Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The City of Hope National Medical Center is looking for several highly motivated and creative Postdoctoral Fellows to work in either of the following four areas within the laboratories of Dr. Michael A. Caligiuri, President of City of Hope, and Dr. Jianhua Yu, a Professor in the Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and the Department of Immuno-Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center: 1) novel oncolytic virus (e.g., herpes virus-based) engineering and its interaction with host immune cells; 2) antibody generation by phage display and/or animal immunization and bispecific antibodies; 3) chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T or CAR natural killer (NK) cells; 4) NK cell biology including NK cell development and cell signaling. The group conducts the most forefront science and is highly productive with publications in high-impact journals such as Nature Biotechnology , Nature Immunology , Immunity , Cancer Discovery , JCI , etc. in the past two years. City of Hope is located in the pleasant city of Los Angeles of Southern California.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Devise, plan, document and advance basic science and translational projects in the relevant research area
- Collect data for grant applications and prepare manuscripts for publication
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and external partners from academia and industry, including presentation of progress internally or externally
- Train and supervise technical staff
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Recent PhD with a strong background and profound knowledge in the field of either virology, immunology, cancer immunology or immunotherapy
- Previous experience in working with animal models of human cancers
- Literature knowledge of one of the four research areas mentioned above
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by high-impact peer-reviewed publications
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Commitment to the program at least for three years
- You will have the unique possibility to drive research towards a novel cancer therapy at the interface of science and translation to the clinic and publish high-impact journals. City of Hope offers a competitive salary of over $54,000 for a newly graduated PhD, which is higher than the NIH standard. The institution also offers medical insurance and other benefits.
- Please send current CV/resume to [email protected] or [email protected] .
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Research Lab Tech Iii, University of Southern California, United States, about 17 hours ago
The USC Keck School of Medicine, Division of Hematology is looking for a motivated and hard-working part-time Research Lab Technician to investigate molecular mechanisms underlying PTEN and KRAS d...
Research Associate, University of Southern California, United States, 7 days ago
USC's KSOM Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine is seeking a highly motivated (full-time) Research Associate to join Dr. Min Yu’s Lab. . The candidate will participate in research related...
Research Associate I Gonsky Lab, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, about 8 hours ago
Requisition # 20001327Apply Now Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to work in one of the most outstanding and dynamic places known nationally for excellence in IBD research, where the w...
Research Associate I Breunig Lab, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 8 days ago
Requisition # 20001541Apply Now Are you a researcher with an interest in the basic science of stem cells? Join the Breunig Laboratory at the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine Institute as a Resea...
Research Associate I Svendsen Lab, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 12 days ago
Requisition # 20001341Apply Now Are you a researcher with an interest in the basic science of stem cells and neuroscience? Join the Svendsen Laboratory at the Cedars-Sinai Regenerative Medicine In...
Staff Research Associate I, University of California, Los Angeles, United States, 23 days ago
Job Duties Job Qualifications Job Duties Responsibilities Position to assist with the breeding, maintenance, and study of research animals (mice). Candidate must be highly organized and able to ma...