School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
The Poss lab in the Duke University Department of Cell Biology seeks a full-time postdoctoral associate with a strong background and a desire to launch a career in tissue regeneration research. The Poss lab is a Cell Biology/Functional Genomics lab and employs both experimental and computational approaches, with the use of zebrafish to reveal concepts and mechanisms of regeneration. For information about the lab and the PI, please visit: https://www.cellbio.duke.edu/kenneth-d-poss/.
Principle responsibilities for this position include the following:
· Designing and performing experiments successfully in the field of tissue regeneration, aimed at both understanding the biology of regeneration and developing tools as needed for discovery research.
· Performance will be judged by quality and innovation of work, as well as publication of scientific manuscripts.
· Demonstrating commitment to training and career advancement.
· Demonstrating significant intellectual contribution to other scientific projects within the lab as well as your own.
· Writing fellowship applications as appropriate for the development of your career.
· Excellence in the areas of biological and biomedical research, as indicated by the record of discovery, the record of innovation and tool-making, and the history of publication in strong research journals.
· Strong quantitative and writing skills.
This will be a minimum one-year appointment, contingent upon satisfactory annual reviews. Salary is commensurate with NIH guidelines and applicant experience. The position is located at the Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, NC. To apply, please send a CV, statement of interest, relevant manuscripts, and names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org and apply for the position online at the following link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25017&siteid=5407#home
The Postdoctoral Appointee holds a PhD or equivalent doctorate (e.g.ScD, MD, DVM). Candidates with non-US degrees may be required to provide proof of degree equivalency.
3820 Postdoctoral Associate
Min Degree Requirements:
Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g. Sc.D., M.D., D.V.M.). If the candidate has completed all of the requirements for a degree, but the degree has not been formally conferred; the candidate may present evidence of completion of the degree requirements, together with a statement documenting the date on which the degree is to be conferred.
Other Credential/Experiential Requirements:
The candidate must be eligible for a post-doctoral fellow position and register with the Post Doc Office and per the following requirements:
· The term of this appointment is limited (5 years with a possible extension for an additional year).
· The appointment involves substantially full-time research or scholarship, which may include teaching responsibilities.
· The appointment is viewed as preparatory for a full time academic or research career.
· The appointment is not part of a clinical research training program, unless research training under the supervision of a senior mentor is a primary purpose of the appointment.
· The appointee works under the supervision of a scholar or a department at Duke University.
· The appointee has the freedom, and is expected to publish the results of his or her research or scholarship during the period of the appointment.
- The conscientious discharge of research or scholarship responsibilities, which may include teaching responsibilities for Postdoctoral Associates.
- Conformance to standards of responsible conduct in research.
- Compliance with good scholarly and research practice.
- Maintenance of a laboratory notebook and/or other comparable records of research activity, which remains the property of Duke University upon termination.
- Adherence to University standards regarding use of isotopes, chemicals, infectious agents, animals, human subjects, and the like.
- Open and timely discussion with the mentor regarding all facets of the Postdoctoral Appointee's research activities. Postdoctoral Appointees are encouraged to consult the AAMC Compact between Postdoctoral Appointees and Mentors for suggested guidelines for the Postdoctoral Appointee-mentor relationship.
- Prompt disclosure to the mentor regarding the possession and desire to distribute materials, reagents, software, copyrightable and potentially patentable discoveries derived from the Postdoctoral Appointee's research.
- Collegial conduct towards members of the research group and others as described in the Duke University School of Medicine Honor Code of Professional Conduct and other relevant conduct policies pertaining to other schools at Duke University.
- Compliance with all applicable University and departmental policies and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. See job description for requirements.
See job description for education requirements.
See job description for requirements.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Postdoctoral Associate, Dermatology, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position ID:Duke -Dermatology -DRLIPOSTDOC1 [#24224] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27710, United States [map ] Subject Area: Dermatology / D...
Postdoctoral Associate, Biomedical Engineering, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -BME -DUKESEGURA [#24216, 3820] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Engineering / Biome...
Postdoctoral Research Associate In Computational Structural Biology, Computer Science, United States, about 1 hour ago
Position ID:Duke -CS -PDA_DLAB [#24179, 3820] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Computer Science / Com...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Duke University, United States, 21 days ago
A NIH-funded post-doctoral research position is available in the laboratory of Seok-Yong Lee at the Duke University School of Medicine to study the structural and mechanistic basis of membrane tra...
Postdoctoral Associate, Civil and Environmental Engineering, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position ID:Duke -Civil and Environmental Engineering -PD_BERGIN1 [#24085, 3820] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Su...
Postdoctoral Associate, Sexuality and Feminist Studies, United States, 28 days ago
Position ID:Duke -Gender, Sexuality and Feminist Studies -POSTSDOC_THEME [#23865] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] S...