Title: Postdoctoral Associate-Chemist
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Salary Range: Up to $57,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 2444
The Center for Drug Discovery (https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/drug-discovery ) is a strategic research center established at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston, Texas. The mission of the Center for Drug Discovery is to establish novel discovery technologies that enable rapid and cost-effective drug discovery within the academic community. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated scientists with expertise in medicinal chemistry and/or organic chemistry to join the Center for Drug Discovery. Central to our vision is the continued establishment of a small-molecule discovery platform using a DNA-encoded chemistry approach. The team, led by scientists with drug discovery experience in academia and the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, is looking to recruit additional chemists. BCM is located in the world-renowned Texas Medical Center and offers a highly interactive environment and a strong infrastructure for research and career development.
Postdoctoral Associates are trainees working in an apprenticeship mode in preparation for a career as a scientific professional.
- Participate in early stage drug discovery efforts in collaboration with biological scientists throughout the academic community, with a goal of bringing new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary lead-finding project teams by engaging in the following activities: perform compound resynthesis and medicinal chemistry optimization; design, screen, and synthesize DNA-encoded chemical libraries; uncover and utilize novel chemical reactions in water; and/or evaluate compounds for efficacy in vitro and/or in vivo.
- Plan, direct and conduct specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluate and analyze data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarize research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Responsible for laboratory operations.
- Supervise research staff.
Education: Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
Experience: None required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Synthetic Organic Chemist Postdoc, Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 8 hours ago
What You Will Do We have multiple projects which require an experienced and flexible synthetic organic chemist. These projects fit within the realm of biomaterials, having different applications i...
Engineering Postdoc, Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 8 hours ago
The Chemistry for Biomedical Applications (CBMA) team within the Physical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy group is seeking a well-rounded engineering PhD graduate to join their team as a post-d...
Machine Learning For Plant Microbiome Interactions Postdoc, Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 9 hours ago
What You Will Do The Computer, Computational, and Statistical Sciences Division at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is seeking outstanding candidates for a postdoctoral research associate pos...
Seismic Imaging Postdoc, Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 8 hours ago
Additional Details Q Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Eligibility requir...
Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Houston, United States, about 18 hours ago
Post Doctoral Fellow - (STA006036) Organization : H0065 Health & Human Performance Description Postdoctoral Research position is available in Dr. Beom-Chan Lee's laboratory in the Center for Neuro...
Postdoctoral Fellow, Statistics, United States, about 11 hours ago
Rice University’s Department of Statistics is dedicated to the advancement of the scientific discipline of statistics, the innovative application of statistics to meet modern scientific, engineeri...