Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX
Salary Range: $52,704 - $57,456
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 3595
Postdoctoral position is sought for a level 4 postdoc with demonstrated experience in mouse models of disease, neurogenesis, molecular biology and aging. The Postdoctoral Associate is expected to continue work on the adult neurogenic niche and the influence of aging on neurogenesis, including age-related diseases such as depression and Alzheimer's disease. Evidence of collaborative and team work is essential. Knowledge of biology, confocal imaging, mouse husbandry, and molecular biology is essential.
- Participate in research grant preparation, manuscript writing and presentation of research results at professional conferences
- Mouse husbandry, genotyping
- Immunohistochemistry; confocal microscopy, stereology
- DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, cloning, Western blot analysis
- Viral vector preps
- Stereotactic injections into the mouse brain
- Education Required: Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Preferred but not required experience: Work on sleep metrics in animal models or human.
- Must have excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills.
- Must work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be highly motivated with a proven record of research accomplishments, have expertise in working with mouse models of disease, and a strong background in cell biology of hippocampal neurogenesis.
- Please attach three professional references to your application.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Research Assistant, TAMHSC, United States, 16 days ago
Job Title Research Assistant Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Ibt-Ciid-Hook Proposed Minimum Salary $2,964.00 monthly Job Location Houston, Texas Job Type Staff Job Des...
Research Associate, TAMHSC, United States, 9 days ago
Job Title Research Associate Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department IBT-CGPM Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Houston, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description W...
Metabolomics Postdoc, Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 4 hours ago
What You Will Do The Chemical Diagnostics and Engineering Group of the Chemistry Division at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is seeking outstanding candidates for a postdoctoral research ass...
Research Associate 1, University of Houston, United States, about 23 hours ago
Research Associate 1 - (STA006021) Organization : H0071 Biomedical Engineering Description Works under the direction of a faculty member. Provides expertise in the design, operation and analysis o...
Post Doctoral Fellow (Large Scale River Biogeochemistry Modeling), University of Houston, United States, about 23 hours ago
Post Doctoral Fellow (Large-scale River Biogeochemistry Modeling) - (STA005976) Organization : H0068 Civil Engineering Description One full-time Postdoctoral Researcher Position is now available i...
Computational Earth Science Postdoctoral Researcher, Los Alamos National Security, United States, about 4 hours ago
What You Will Do The Computational Earth Science Group (EES-16) in the Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES) Division at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) has an immediate opening for a creat...