Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Biochemistry, Cellular & Molecular Biology - 17000000E9
We are seeking applications for a postdoctoral researcher to work on simulations of transport, chemical transformations, and ligand binding of mercury in the environment. The focus will be on developing speciation models that can be used as subgrid models in multiscale reactive transport models. The contract will be for one year but is renewable in principle. Funding for the project comes from the University of Tennessee via an award from the U.S. Department of Energy. The work will be carried out at Oak Ridge National Laboratory under the supervision of Prof. J. C. Smith (Center for Molecular Biophysics) and Dr. Scott L. Painter (Environmental Sciences Division).
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
• Develop thermochemical input for mercury speciation models
• Develop and apply multiscale reactive transport models for mercury transport and transformation in low-order streams
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
• Ph.D. in geochemistry, environmental sciences, engineering, hydrology, chemistry, physics, computational science or a related field.
• Multicomponent reactive transport models (PFLOTRAN, TOUGHREACT, CRUNCHFLOW, PHREEQC, etc)
• Metal-ligand binding models
• Python scripting
Minimum Required Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of geochemistry modeling tools (EQ3/6, PHREEQC, MINTEQ)
• Knowledge of the theories, principles, and concepts of subsurface flow and reactive transport modeling
• Analytical skills necessary to collect information from diverse sources, perform analyses, summarize, and present the information to communicate data, trends, and solve problems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask
• Please attach the following electronic documents to the application: Cover letter, CV, and the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
• Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Biochem/Cell & Molec Biology
Mar 17, 2017, 8:56:00 AM
Post Doctoral Research Associate, University of Tennessee, United States, 25 days ago
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Tennessee invites applications for one Postdoctoral Research Associate (non-tenure eligible) position in Mathematical Data Science with an appoin...
Clinical Assistant Ii Dentistry Knoxville, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, United States, about 4 hours ago
Clinical Assistant II- Dentistry Knoxville - 18000000H1 Description Pay Grade: 33 THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN KNOXVILLE, TN. JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Clinical Assistant II provides cha...
Job Title, University of Tennessee Medical Center at Knoxville, United States, about 5 hours ago
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING I certify that the information given in this application is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. Any misrepresentations or deliberate omissions of...