: We are seeking applications for Postdoctoral Researcher position at Carnegie Mellon University Qatar campus. This funded position will focus on Using Bacteriophages as Biomonitoring Tools for Water Quality Measurements.
1. Participate in the regular meetings of the project team, follow the progress, the challenges and propose solutions.
2. Facilitating water sample collections for bacteriophage isolation by coordination with governmental and private relevant authorities mainly Ashghal and Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) operation companies. This will facilitate the project activities, allow data accessibility and provide easier access to sampling locations to conduct field measurements.
3. Lead the chemistry part of the research activities (Physical parameters such as temperature, pH, TDS and EC and chemical parameters such as organic matter, nutrients and trace metals. This work will be carried out by Dr. Shomar and the chemistry lab at CMU-Q (IC, ICPOES). The standard methods will be used for the sampling strategy, sample preservation, preparation and analysis. The scientific approaches of QA/QC will be used.
4. Prepare and finalize technical report for the obtained data of the chemistry lab
5. Participate in the paper writing for publication in international journals.
6. Participate in the regular progress reports to the QNRF (Funding agency) in full coordination with the LPI.
7. Facilitate a national workshop with all relevant stakeholders and academic sectors to be hosted by CMU-Q on project findings dissemination.
8. Support the young students and project members on aspects of water and wastewater treatment technologies in general and the ones used in Qatar in particular. This is part of the human resources capacity building.
9. Utilize the results of the ongoing project for potential new research proposals at different scales and projects (e.g. student proposals, external grants, etc.)
: Business Operations
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Doctorate
Postdoctoral Researcher (Hydrousa), Catalan Institute for Water Research (ICRA), Spain, 7 days ago
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain Number of positions available: 1 Expected start: March 2021. Temporal position. The position is...
Junior Researcher 1 Position, Institutul National de Cercetare Dezvoltare pentru Protectia Mediului Bucuresti, Romania, 7 days ago
Position available within research project entitled Innovative Technologies for Irrigation of Agricultural Crops in Arid, Semiarid and Subhumid-dry Climate (SMARTIRRIG), code PN-III-P1-1.2-PCCDI-2...
Research Fellow, Materials Science And Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Job Description Research Fellowship (RF) Position is available in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National University of Singapore. The candidate shall have PhD in materials s...
Invitation For Expression Of Interest For A Fixed Term Research Contract, In The Context Of The..., RESEARCH CENTER OF THE ATHENS UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS, Greece, 18 days ago
The Research Center of the Athens University of Economics and Business (RC/AUEB) in the frame of the European Union funded research project “AQUASPICE: ADVANCING SUSTAINABILITY OF PROCESS INDUSTRI...
Research Assistant, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Job Description The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a Post-Doctoral Researcher in the area of water/wastewater treatment. The resea...
Postdoctoral Researcher Position In Plant Sciences, University of Gdansk, Poland, 13 days ago
1) A candidate applying for a post-doc position must have a doctoral degree obtained no earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (doctoral degree must not be obtained at t...