Post-Doc Research Associate

Updated: about 1 month ago
Location: Chapel Hill, NORTH CAROLINA
Job Type: FullTime
Deadline: ; ;

Posting Information


Position Title Post-Doc Research Associate
Vacancy ID PDS002319
Department Sheps Ctr for Hlth Serv Res - 633100
Position Type Postdoctoral Scholar

Salary Range $50,004 - $61,308
Full-time/Part-time Full-Time Temporary
If part-time, hours per week 40
FTE 1
Proposed Start Date 07/01/2019
Estimated Duration of Appointment 12 Months
Posting Open Date 03/12/2019
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Work Location Chapel Hill, NC
Position Summary

Qualified candidates will be highly motivated, possess strong communication skills and have a doctoral degree with research experience and training in one of the following fields: health economics, health services research, health policy or related field. The ideal candidate will have strong policy analysis skills and experience conducting quantitative analyses using Medicare and Medicaid files, commercial claims, electronic health records and other large data sets. PRAs will have access to the wealth of data housed at the Center (https://www.shepscenter.unc.edu/data/) and opportunities to lead and contribute on research underway in rural health, health workforce, mental health, health disparities, and other research programs housed at Sheps. Specific duties and desired skills will vary slightly across projects.

This position is a blend of self-directed research as well as support of existing research projects. Approximately 20% of time will be spent on the PRA’s own research consistent with the mission and scope of the Sheps Center. The remaining 80% will be comprised of research supporting other projects.

Educational Requirements

Doctorate in medicine, public health, public policy, sociology, social work, or a similar field.

Qualifications and Experience

- At least two years experience conducting analytical research
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working in a team-based, interdisciplinary environment
- Experience with statistical and data management programming languages such as SAS, Stata, or R

Equal Opportunity Employer

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.

Special Instructions

For information on UNC Postdoctoral Benefits and Services click here

Quick Link https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/157924
Special Physical and Mental Requirements

Department Contact Name and Title Nancy Jenkins, Deputy Director
Department Contact Telephone or Email 919-966-7103
Postdoctoral Affairs Contact Information

If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity office at (919) 966-3576 or send an email to equalopportunity@unc.edu.

Please note: The Equal Employment Opportunity office will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.


View or Apply

Similar Positions