Responsibility of the KU Fit Yoga Instructor:
- Weekday and weekend hours including early morning, afternoon evenings and/or late evenings when scheduled.
- Instructor must be certified in CPR/AED or become certified within four weeks after being appointed.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing, leading and instructing participants through yoga group fitness sessions to include a proper warm up, workout, and cool down.
- Preparing class choreography & plans in advance.
- Recording participation numbers.
- Implementing risk management procedures when necessary.
- Assisting with good housekeeping by keeping studio, equipment, and equipment closets tidy.
- Assisting with special events and contract classes.
- Accurately documenting and completing payroll by the Sunday prior to pay date.
- Obtain and maintain proper CPR/AED certification. Participation in “Rec Alert” CPR/AED drills.
- Substituting when able.
- Attending monthly meetings.
- Prompt communication via email.
- Promptly alerting Fitness/Wellness Coordinator with any concerns or questions.
- Promptly alerting Fitness/Wellness Coordinator of broken/malfunctioning equipment, program concerns, and/or if unable to perform duties as scheduled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
Completed application includes: Online application, cover letter, and resume.
Additional Candidate Instructions:
- Please submit a copy of Yoga and/or CPR/AED Certification.
- This position includes paid Membership Fees to the Ambler Rec Center for duration of appointment.
Applicant reviews will continue until all positions are filled.
Advertised Salary Range
$12.00 hour plus Membership
Application Review Begins
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work schedule: Instructors will possibly work morning, afternoon and evening hours Monday-Friday and/or various weekends.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, United States, 27 days ago
The Department of Mathematics, University of Kansas invites applications for a non-tenure-track, Visiting Assistant Professor (Teaching Postdoctoral Fellow) expected to begin as early as January 1...