School of Public Affairs&Admin
The School of Public Affairs & Administration invites qualified scholars and professionals to apply for part- to full-time lecturer positions for the instruction of online courses. Lecturers are non-tenure-track members of the faculty. Positions vary and are dependent upon the need, if any, each semester for development and instruction of course(s). Primary role is instruction with no obligations to perform research or service. The appointment dates will vary based on the type of lecturer appointment and the timeframe for the preparation and instruction of the course(s).
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in the School of Public Affairs & Administration consistent with departmental instructional needs. Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
Lecturers may teach in any academic program offered by the School of Public Affairs & Administration including:
• Undergraduate program in public administration
• Undergraduate program in law and society
• Master’s of Urban Planning (MUP) program
• Master’s of Public Administration (MPA) program
Course needs vary and include the following areas: Human Resources Management; Budgeting and Policy Analysis; Public Finance; Public Policy and Administration; Public Management; Organizational Analysis; Ethics; Quantitative Methods; Nonprofit Management; Organizational Change; Information Technology; Performance Management; Auditing; Law & Society; Urban Planning; Housing and Development; Sustainable Land Use Planning; Transportation; Electives related to the above topics.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
Online Lecturer Duties
100% - Teach a specified number of courses per semester. Courses may be undergraduate or graduate level and are taught online.
• Design course content and syllabus in accordance with departmental guidance and KU standards, utilizing resources provided by the School and University as needed.
• Prepare for and attend all online class meetings. Provide timely feedback and instructor/student interaction in asynchronous online course format with occasions for online office hours and/or Q&A sessions. Regular weekly interaction is expected in online courses.
• Provide instruction for course(s). Class meetings will generally be asynchronous, but instructional expectations match those of the face-to-face experience.
• Administer assignments and tests, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
• Be available for students involved in classes taught. “Office hours” may include a set time where students can contact the instructor, but must also include expectations for timely responses to student inquiries outside of a set contact time.
• Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references.
To teach undergraduate courses, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Possess a master’s degree in a related field
2. Possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field plus five (5) or more years of work experience directly related to specific area of instruction
To teach master’s courses, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Possess a PhD in a related field
2. Possess a master’s degree in a related field plus five (5) or more years of work experience directly related to the specific area of instruction
1. Previous successful teaching experience
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include:
• A letter of application, including a list of courses the applicant is qualified to teach (https://kupa.ku.edu/class-offerings)
• A curriculum vitae
• The names and contact information (including email) for three professional references
Review of applications is ongoing and hires will be made as positions become available throughout the academic year.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Application Review Begins
University of Kansas - Lawrence
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Executive Director, Graduate Business Program, University of Houston - Downtown, United States, about 8 hours ago
Executive Director, Graduate Business Program - (STA006792) Executive Director, Graduate Business Program Department Name:D0013 M Davies College of Business Description The Executive Director of G...
Lecturer Arts Leadership, University of Houston, United States, about 1 hour ago
Lecturer - Arts Leadership - (ADJ000432) Organization : H0083 Art Salary $4,000 per course Description : The Master of Arts in Arts Leadership at the University of Houston invites applications for...
Senior Instructional Designer Content Creation , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, about 6 hours ago
Title: Senior Instructional Designer - Content Creation Division: Information Technology Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Work Location: McGovern Campus, Houston, TX Salary Range: $61,913 - ...
Senior Project Manager School Of Public Health Houston, Tx , University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 3 hours ago
Department: School of Public Health Location: Houston, TX Position Type: Full Time/ Exempt Position Summary: The Center for Health Care Data has a series of projects related to service contracts a...
Data Control Analyst School Of Public Health , University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 2 hours ago
Department: School of Public Health Location: Texas Medical Center, Houston, TX Position Type: Full Time/ Exempt Position Summary: The Schools of Public Health at University of Texas Health Scienc...
It Project Coordinator, University of Houston - Downtown, United States, about 8 hours ago
IT Project Coordinator - (STA006831) Department Name:D0030 Information Technology Description The IT Project Coordinator provides support to the IT Project Office with tracking and facilitating p...