Slavic Languages & Literatures
The Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures at the University of Kansas invites qualified scholars and professionals to submit applications, which will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool, to be considered for part-time to full-time lecturer and/or online lecturer positions for undergraduate courses as needed.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year. Academic year and/or one semester lecturers may be needed to fill vacancies due to emergency situations or due to enrollment demands.
Selected applicants must have appropriate authorization to work in the United States before employment begins.
Please visit the department's web site at www.ku.edu/~slavic .
Regular Lecturer Duties 100% Depending on the need, teach course in designated area:
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be canceled.
- Provide instruction throughout the semester, usually 3 hours/week, one day a week.
- Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught.
- Adhere to departmental, College, and university policies.
100% Depending on the need, teach course in designated area::
- Teach one undergraduate Slavic Language course per semester.
- Prepare for and attend all online class meetings. Provide timely feedback and instructor/student interaction in a synchronous online course format with occasions for online office hours and/or Q&A sessions. Regular weekly interaction is expected in online courses.
- Provide instruction for course(s). Class meetings will generally be synchronous, and instructional expectations match those of the face-to-face experience.
- Administer assignments, tests, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Be available for students involved in classes taught. “Office hours” may include a set time where students can contact the instructor, but must also include expectations for timely responses to student inquiries outside of a set contact time.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references:
For language courses only:
Equivalence to an MA or doctorate for language lecturers consists of the following:
Five or more years of distinguished teaching experience at the post-secondary level; consistent record of participation in professional development (workshops, coursework, certificate programs) plus research that, in aggregate, substantially meet the equivalent training that would be equivalent to an MA or PhD program designed for teachers of the target subject; stacked credentials (badges, certificates, etc.) pertaining to achievement in the professional development that, in aggregate, substantial meet the equivalent training that would be equivalent to an MA or PhD program designed for teachers of the target subject.
For Non-Language courses only:
For Language courses only
Contact Information to Applicants
Associate Professor & Chair
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete electronic application will include a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter outlining which type of lecturer position for which you are applying, and the names and contact information for three references.
Deadline/Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Started Date: Ongoing
Application Review Begins
Conditions of Employment
University of Kansas - Lawrence
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Senior Administrative Assistant Biological Sciences, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Department Biological Sciences Job Posting Title Senior Administrative Assistant- Biological Sciences Job Description POSITION DESCRIPTION: Position involves administrative and general office supp...
Pt Faculty Nursing Case Management, Grantham University, United States, about 1 hour ago
Maximize Your Impact! Our faculty in the College of Nursing & Allied Health are industry professionals with real-world experience bringing courses to life. Our Faculty are eager to share their exp...
Transfer Success Coach Virtual College, Fort Hays State University, United States, 16 days ago
Department Transfer Success Job Posting Title Transfer Success Coach - Virtual College Job Description Position Description: Under the direction of the Articulation Coordinator, this position is r...
Business Analyst, Grantham University, United States, about 1 hour ago
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead and facilitate the design, development, and implementation of robust dashboards and visualizations to drive key business decisions and operational excellence. Mainta...
Custodial Supervisor Memorial Union, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Department Memorial Union Facility Operations Job Posting Title Custodial Supervisor Memorial Union Job Description Position Description: The Custodial Supervisor reports to the Assistant Director...
Assistant/Associate Professor Of , Fort Hays State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Department Health & Human Performance Job Posting Title Assistant/Associate Professor of HHP-Pedagogy/Physical Education Teacher Education Job Description Position Description: Fort Hays State Uni...