History of Art
The History of Art Department Department invites qualified scholars and professionals to submit online applications to the lecturer pool to be considered for part-time and/or full-time, temporary and/or regular teaching positions. Positions vary and are dependent upon the need for instructors, if any, for courses being offered each semester. These are non-tenure-track members of the faculty whose primary role is instructional.
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and/or teaching undergraduate or graduate courses consistent with program instructional needs. Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins
Regular Lecturer Duties
100% - Regular Lecturer Duties:
Teach a specified number of either undergraduate or graduate courses per semester. Based on department need, teach course in designated area.
• Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be canceled.
• Provide instruction throughout the semester, usually 2.5 hours/week.
• Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
• Supervise GTAs if necessary.
• Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught.
• Adhere to departmental, college, and university policies.
Online Lecturer Duties
100% - Online Lecturer Duties:
Teach a specified number of either undergraduate or graduate courses per semester, or mini-mester
• Teach a specified number of online courses per semester, or mini-mester.
• Prepare for and attend all class meetings. Provide timely feedback and instructor/student interaction in asynchronous online course format with occasions for online office hours and/or Q&A sessions. Regular weekly interaction is expected in online courses.
• Provide instruction for course(s). Classes are generally in an 8-week or mini-mester format. Class meetings will generally be asynchronous, but instructional expectations match those of the face-to-face experience.
• Administer assignments, tests, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
• Be available for students involved in classes taught. “Office hours” may include a set time where students can contact the instructor, but must also include expectations for timely responses to student inquiries outside of a set contact time.
• Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
1. Ph.D. in History of Art
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the History of Art course of interest.
3. Previous teaching experience (classroom or online) at the university/college level.
Contact Information to Applicants
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: December 7, 2020 and Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Application Review Begins
University of Kansas - Lawrence
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Coordinator, Fitness And Wellness, University of Houston - Clear Lake, United States, about 14 hours ago
Coordinator, Fitness and Wellness Description The Coordinator, Fitness and Wellness is responsible for developing, directing, and administering services and programming involving direct interactio...
Assistant Director, Student Success Center, University of Houston - Clear Lake, United States, about 14 hours ago
Assistant Director, Student Success Center Description The Assistant Director, Student Success Center is responsible for oversight of the Academic Coaching and Workshop programs and serves as a co...
Lecturer – Systems Engineering, University of Houston, United States, about 2 hours ago
Lecturer – Systems Engineering - (FAC001701) Organization : H0072 Industrial Engineering Salary Commensurate with experience Description : The Department of Industrial Engineering in the Cullen Co...
Transcript Analyst 2, University of Houston, United States, about 23 hours ago
Transcript Analyst 2 - (STA006938) Transcript Analyst 2 Organization : H0210 Admissions Description Under minimal supervision, analyzes and evaluates transcripts from colleges, universities and mi...
Director, Coronary Care Unit Internal Medicine, Mc Govern Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, about 10 hours ago
Director Coronary Care Unit The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), a leading academic health center, is seeking a cardiologist to run our Coronary Care Unit at Memori...
Programmer Analyst Iii School Of Public Health , University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, 2 days ago
Department: School of Public Health Location: Texas Medical Center- Houston, TX Position Type: Full Time/ Exempt Position Summary: The Center for Health Care Data (CHCD) has a series of projects r...