Geography & Atmo Science
The Geography and Atmospheric Science Department invites qualified scholars and professionals to apply for part- to full-time, temporary and/or regular lecturer and/or online lecturer positions for the development and/or instruction of online courses. Lecturers are non-tenure-track members of the faculty. Positions vary and are dependent upon the need, if any, each semester for development and/or instruction of course(s). Primary role is instruction with no obligations to perform research or service. The appointment dates will vary based on the type of lecturer appointment and the timeframe for the preparation and instruction of the online course(s).
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and/or teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in Geography and/or Atmospheric Science consistent with departmental instructional needs.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
Regular Lecturer Duties:
100% - Teach undergraduate or graduate level courses as needed for the Department.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the instructor must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
- Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Hold office hours for students involved in classes taught. The instructor should be available for reasonable appointments if a student cannot meet during scheduled office hours.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
- Teach a specified number of either undergraduate or graduate courses per semester.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings. Provide timely feedback and instructor/student interaction in asynchronous online course format with occasions for online office hours and/or Q&A sessions. Regular weekly interaction is expected in online courses.
- Provide instruction for course(s). Classes are generally in an 8-week or minimester format. Class meetings will generally be asynchronous, but instructional expectations match those of the face-to-face experience.
- Administer assignments, tests, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Be available for students involved in classes taught. “Office hours” may include a set time where students can contact the instructor, but must also include expectations for timely responses to student inquiries outside of a set contact time.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Build an online course for the unit and/or the College Online Programs.
- Design the course in accordance with departmental guidance and KU standards, which include working with instructional design staff in the Center for Online and Distance Learning.
- Work in a collaborative environment, utilizing the expertise of the other major instructors in the (Program/unit/center).
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references:
Required qualifications for Regular Lecturer Duties:
Preferred qualifications for Regular Lecturer Duties:
Preferred qualifications for Online Lecturer and Online Course Developer Duties:
Contact Information to Applicants
Geography and Atmospheric Science
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete online application will include:
- A letter of application indicating what position you are applying for in the Cover Letter.
- A vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop.
- The names and contact information (including email) for three professional references.
Review of applications is ongoing and hires will be made as positions become available.
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing, as needed
Application Review Begins
University of Kansas - Lawrence
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with education and experience.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Assistant Dean For The College Of Education, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Department College of Education Job Posting Title Assistant Dean for the College of Education Job Description The Assistant Dean works directly with the Dean to establish protocol for continuous i...
Associate Vice President, Enrollment Services, Grantham University, United States, about 21 hours ago
A senior level position for a 100% online university, the Associate Vice President, Enrollment Services is responsible for oversight and operations of the following departments/areas: Admissions a...
Senior Business Analyst, Grantham University, United States, about 21 hours ago
The Senior Business Analyst is an experienced, data-savvy business analyst that serves to expand the University’s analytics capabilities. This position is accountable for transforming University d...
Instructor Or Assistant Professor Of Business Communication, Dept. Of Applied Business Studies, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Department Applied Business Studies Job Posting Title Instructor or Assistant Professor of Business Communication, Dept. of Applied Business Studies Job Description DEPARTMENT: Applied Business St...
Assistant Professor Of Social Work, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Department Social Work Job Posting Title Assistant Professor of Social Work Job Description Fort Hays State University and the Department of Social Work is accepting applications for a tenure trac...
Admissions Representative, Grantham University, United States, about 21 hours ago
At Grantham, changing lives isn’t just what we do, it’s who we are. We are Life Changers! Since 1951, Grantham University has worked proudly with the Armed Forces of the United States of America,...