Geography & Atmo Science
The Geography and Atmospheric Science Department invites qualified scholars and professionals to apply for part- to full-time, temporary and/or regular lecturer and/or online lecturer positions for the development and/or instruction of online courses. Lecturers are non-tenure-track members of the faculty. Positions vary and are dependent upon the need, if any, each semester for development and/or instruction of course(s). Primary role is instruction with no obligations to perform research or service. The appointment dates will vary based on the type of lecturer appointment and the timeframe for the preparation and instruction of the online course(s).
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for developing and/or teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in Geography and/or Atmospheric Science consistent with departmental instructional needs.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
Regular Lecturer Duties:
100% - Teach undergraduate or graduate level courses as needed for the Department.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the instructor must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
- Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Hold office hours for students involved in classes taught. The instructor should be available for reasonable appointments if a student cannot meet during scheduled office hours.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
- Teach a specified number of either undergraduate or graduate courses per semester.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings. Provide timely feedback and instructor/student interaction in asynchronous online course format with occasions for online office hours and/or Q&A sessions. Regular weekly interaction is expected in online courses.
- Provide instruction for course(s). Classes are generally in an 8-week or minimester format. Class meetings will generally be asynchronous, but instructional expectations match those of the face-to-face experience.
- Administer assignments, tests, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Be available for students involved in classes taught. “Office hours” may include a set time where students can contact the instructor, but must also include expectations for timely responses to student inquiries outside of a set contact time.
- Adhere to departmental, college and university policies.
Build an online course for the unit and/or the College Online Programs.
- Design the course in accordance with departmental guidance and KU standards, which include working with instructional design staff in the Center for Online and Distance Learning.
- Work in a collaborative environment, utilizing the expertise of the other major instructors in the (Program/unit/center).
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references:
Required qualifications for Regular Lecturer Duties:
Preferred qualifications for Regular Lecturer Duties:
Preferred qualifications for Online Lecturer and Online Course Developer Duties:
Contact Information to Applicants
Geography and Atmospheric Science
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete online application will include:
- A letter of application indicating what position you are applying for in the Cover Letter.
- A vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop.
- The names and contact information (including email) for three professional references.
Review of applications is ongoing and hires will be made as positions become available.
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing, as needed
Application Review Begins
University of Kansas - Lawrence
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with education and experience.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Academic Advisor Departments Of Leadership Studies, Criminal Justice, Philosophy, And Health And Human Performance, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Department Leadership Studies Job Posting Title Academic Advisor- Departments of Leadership Studies, Criminal Justice, Philosophy, and Health and Human Performance Job Description Position Descrip...
20 111: Satellite Researcher And Science Coordinator, Colorado State University, United States, 25 minutes ago
Posting Details Working Title 20-111: Satellite Researcher and Science Coordinator Position Location Kansas City, MO Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 202000528AP Position Type Adm...
University Police Officer 1, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Department Office of University Police Job Posting Title University Police Officer-1 Job Description This is commissioned law enforcement work in providing police protection for a regent’s institu...
Administrative Specialist Student Affairs, Fort Hays State University, United States, 3 days ago
Department Office of the VP for Student Affairs Job Posting Title Administrative Specialist - Student Affairs Job Description Position Description: Work involves specialized and/or diverse admini...
Administrative Specialist Kelly Center/ Student Health Center, Fort Hays State University, United States, 8 days ago
Department Kelly Center Job Posting Title Administrative Specialist - Kelly Center/ Student Health Center Job Description Position Description: The Administrative Specialist is responsible for or...
Telecommunications Technician, Information Technology, Fort Hays State University, United States, about 11 hours ago
Department Telecommunications Operations Job Posting Title Telecommunications Technician, Information Technology Job Description Position Description: A Telecommunications Technician maintains an...