Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU > connectu.olemiss.edu
Definition of Class
This position may involve the training of new employees. The incumbent performs an experienced level of plumbing tasks including the installation, repair, assembly and maintenance of water, sewage, drainage, air, steam, gas, and vacuum systems and related equipment and facilities in compliance with state and local codes.
Examples of Work Performed
- Installs, connects, and tests plumbing fixtures such as urinals, water closets, wash basins, sinks and drinking fountains, compressed air fixtures, and such gas fired equipment as heat furnaces, boilers and processing tanks.
- Monitors and troubleshoots major plumbing breakdowns by diagnosing trouble and repairing, replacing or taking other corrective action of such items as clogged main sewer lines, main gas line breakdown, steam equipment and devices, and fire sprinkling systems.
- Determines routing of pipe and location of such plumbing fixtures, accessories and equipment as inlets, vent pipes, valves, meters, gauges, hangers, brackets and water, sewer, gas and air connections by following and adhering to trade practice specifications, blueprints, sketches, and codes.
- Indicates lines and points on walls, floors, ceilings and open areas or sets stakes to locate pipe routes, inlets, outlets, connections, fixtures, and equipment; prepares working sketch as required.
- Checks, services, cleans, and connects oxygen, nitrous oxide and suction regulators.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to assigned individuals.
- Operates and maintains equipment such as: back hoe, trenchers, and sewer cleaning equipment.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Four (4) years of experience related to the above described duties and/or completion of an apprenticeship program.
Must possess a valid driver’s license. May need a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an interview must notify the Department of Equal Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges,click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Utility Piping Specialist Fm Residential Facilities, Arizona State University, United States, 26 days ago
91244BR Campus: Tempe Utility Piping Specialist Job Description Facilities Management, Residential Facilities, seeks Utility Piping Specialist to perform complex and precision work related to util...
Commercial Industrial Plumber (Utility Piping Specialist) Polytechnic Campus, Arizona State University, United States, 6 days ago
91765BR Campus: Polytechnic Utility Piping Specialist Job Description Facilities Management, Polytechnic campus, seeks a commercial industrial plumber (Utility Piping Specialist) to install, repai...
Maintenance Mechanic Ii L Full Time, Temporary, Emory University, United States, 24 days ago
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contri...
Systems/Infrastructure Specialist, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location Work primari...
Mechanical Technician (Sy Bi Ml 2023 66 Ld), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 20 days ago
18 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research Department Human Resources Research Field Engineering » Mechanical engineering Researcher Profile...
Operating Engineer, University of Pittsburgh, United States, 13 days ago
Operating Engineer Work-in Process Labor - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23003655) Operates, maintain and repair physical plant equipment as follows: Heating and ventilation systems, refrigeration an...