Watkins Health Services
This is a professional position involving the practice of physical therapy as a member of the Physical Therapy staff of Watkins Health Services (WHS). Duties are performed in accordance with (1) established professional and state standards of physical therapy practice and ethics, (2) WHS administrative policies and rules, and (3) responsibilities assigned by supervisor. Within this framework, the duties are carried out with great latitude for independent professional judgment and action.
The incumbent in this position will have access to confidential information that must be handled in accordance with all relevant state and federal laws and University policies and procedures regarding its use and disclosure.
WHS utilizes computer technology in all aspects of its operations, including an electronic health record system. The incumbent must become familiar with and be able to use the appropriate computer hardware and software programs associated with this position.
The incumbent must become familiar with and adhere to the Watkins Health Services Customer Service Plan to ensure appropriate interaction and positive outcomes with both internal and external customers.
Watkins Health Services is a unit in Student Affairs.
- Reviews physicians' referrals, evaluates patients, establishes objectives, and selects/applies appropriate treatment modalities
- Instructs patients in both onsite and home therapy programs
- Re-evaluates patients, and discusses patients' progress with their physician.
- Prepares and maintains thorough, accurate and timely electronic medical records which justify evaluation and treatment plans; patient condition changes; discharge instructions and summary; and records necessary for billing.
- Readily seek appropriate consultation for unusual or unresponsive cases while following established referral procedures. Incorporate resultant recommendations into treatment plan.
- Reasonable adherence to appointment schedule that allows patient encounter volume appropriate for practice.
- Participates in WHS support of KU Club Sports by providing on field injury interventions, as scheduled.
- Works with Supervisor to assure appropriate operation and development of current or new programs within the department and serves as the liaison between Physical Therapy and WHS staff or other units on campus.
- Responsible for Physical Therapy administrative processes such as policy/procedure development and maintenance and report generation.
- Serves as Clinical Education Coordinator between the PT and professional Education Programs for student internships, and provides onsite supervision to such students.
- Attends/participates in WHS staff and assigned program or committee meetings, outreach activities and special projects.
- In conjunction with the Athletic Trainer, determines the equipment and supply needs for therapy programs. Orders specific items through Supervisor. Checks equipment for wear and tear, keeps work area free of hazards.
- Participates in facility safety drills.
- Some evening and/or weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Additional Candidate Instruction
In addition to the online application, the following documents are required to be considered for this position:
- A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Contact information for three professional references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. To be considered for this position, applications must be received no later than November 12, 2018.
Advertised Salary Range
Starting at $53,547
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas - Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
M - F 8:00 - 5:00, some weekend work, during academic year.
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Associate Director For Research, Kansas Geological Survey, University of Kansas, United States, about 2 months ago
Associate Director for Research - Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) - University of Kansas, Lawrence Full-time position to provide strategic collaborative research leadership that supports the KGS mi...
Hydrogeochemist (Assistant Scientist Or Early Career Associate Scientist), Kansas Geological Survey, University of Kansas, Worldwide, 18 days ago
HYDROGEOCHEMIST – Geohydrology Section – Kansas Geological Survey – The University of Kansas, Lawrence. Full-time position to lead KGS hydrogeochemical investigations. Faculty-equivalent, sabbatic...
60451000 Ag Family Nutrition Program, University of Florida, United States, about 20 hours ago
Classification Title: Extension Program Assistant Job Description The Family Nutrition Program is a grant funded program by the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education to help lim...