Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Clinical Staff - Medical Ancillary Support
Temporary (Fixed Term)
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only ):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com .
PTSL Cancer Institute OP Team B
Summary of Job Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist, the PRN Pharmacy Technician in the Cancer Institute Pharmacy will assist and support the pharmacist in the day-to-day dispensing operations. The PRN Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for compounding sterile preparations, including chemotherapy infusions. They will utilize technology when necessary and appropriate, such as the electronic medical record. They will help ensure compliance with USP <797> and <800> required cleaning, deactivation, decontamination, and disinfection as defined by departmental policy and procedures. They will assist with daily and monthly cleaning tasks for the cleanroom suites as assigned or as needed. The PRN Pharmacy Technician will assist the Pharmacy Buyer and management/administration with inventory maintenance. They will prioritize work based on immediate need and rapidly changing workload. The PRN Pharmacy Technician will work as a team member to perform day-to-day work efficiently and accurately, along with any additional tasks or projects to help achieve departmental goals.
- Arkansas Pharmacy Technician Registration
- One (1) year work experience
- Relevant pharmacy technician experience (i.e. previous sterile compounding experience, hazardous drug handling, etc.)
- Computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office and EMR experience)
- Strong math skills
Preparation of Sterile Products
- Proves competency in sterile compounding by successful completion of sterile product validation and gloved fingertip testing according to policy and procedure
- Assists with sterile compounding under the direction of the pharmacists, including hazardous medications (i.e. chemotherapy) and non-hazardous medications
- Performs basic pharmaceutical calculations
- Assembles products for the preparation of parenteral medication
- Properly performs barcode scanning in the appropriate software to verify that the correct components were used to prepare sterile products
- Reconstitutes, measures, and adds medications to a parenteral fluid under the supervision of and
final check by a pharmacist
- Accurately documents waste in the appropriate place in the electronic medical record to ensure billing compliance
- Under the supervision and checking of a pharmacist, prepares batches of commonly used IV medications for future patient use
- Troubleshoots and corrects drug delivery and equipment issues as needed
- Knows how to use all equipment necessary in the compounding process, including syringes, needles, tubing, IV bags, laminar airflow hoods, biological safety cabinets, elastomeric pumps, infusion cassettes, etc.
- Promotes a safe working environment
- Complies with all departmental and institutional policies and procedures
- Understands and follows USP <797> and <800>, as well as all other applicable standards, regulations, and policies related to sterile compounding and hazardous drug handling
- Maintains proper cleanliness and disinfection of all rooms, equipment, work surfaces, hoods and storage carts and bins in the cleanroom suites by completing daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks as assigned and per policy
- Deactivates/decontaminates hazardous drug residues with appropriate agents as defined by policy, and as required by USP <800>
- Documents all cleaning activities on the appropriate log sheets or electronic software
- Documents temperatures for rooms, refrigerators and freezers
- Documents daily pressure differentials for all rooms in the cleanroom suites
- Calibrates Repeater pumps when appropriate, and documents appropriately
- Performs and documents monthly inspection of assigned medication storage area
- Promptly reports to supervisor or other appropriate individual if there are any deficiencies or problems with any equipment, facilities, or drug distribution
- Restocks assigned areas daily or as needed
- Rotates medications appropriately so that packages with the earliest expiration dates are used first
- Removes expired drugs from assigned areas monthly
- Maintains appropriate par levels of medications (when applicable)
- Assists with receiving, unpacking, and/or putting away deliveries and shipments of medications and supplies
- Maintains order and cleanliness of all drug storage areas in the pharmacy
- Assists in training other staff
- Accepts responsibility for work area
- Participates in educating & training students and new employees
- Keeps visiting and other non-work activities to a minimum while there is work to do
- Displays initiative to learn new jobs and solve problems
- Handles problems with professionalism
- Adheres to UAMS Code of Conduct
- Protect confidential information
- Works effectively with all employees, colleagues, patients, and guests as a team
- Adheres to institutional and departmental dress code
- Maintains professional behavior and mutual respect toward all employees, colleagues, patients, and guests
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Annual TB Screening, Criminal Background Check
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Crouching, Feeling, Grasping, Hearing, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Sharps, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Walking
Occasional Physical Activity:
Lifting, Pulling, Pushing
Clinical Pharmacist Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, United States, 9 days ago
Scheduled Hours 40 Position Summary Supports clinical pharmacy services in the outpatient oncology setting at Washington University School of Medicine. The clinical pharmacist will provide compreh...
Pharmacy Resident Nt, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 8 days ago
Department: Pharmacy - Graduate Education FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Rotating Position Summary: Complete the residency objectives and requirement during a 24 month period (may be extended). Consu...
Staff Pharmacist (Prn) Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, United States, 1 day ago
Position Summary Position accurately prepares and labels medications ensuring proper technique and supplies are utilized in the preparation of IV admixtures; supervises technicians and pharmacy st...
Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
While this position welcomes applications from individuals external to the University, current Academic Teaching Staff are first notified of available positions and will receive first consideratio...
Assistant Clinical Professor, University of Alberta, Canada, 1 day ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage First Nations, Metis, and In...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor In The Department Of Pharmacology And Pharmacy, THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Work type: Full-time Department: Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacy (21300) Categories: Professoriate Staff Applications are invited for appointment as Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in the...