About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A California registered technician who under the supervision of a Pharmacist, packages, prepares and compounds Oral medications, Intravenous medications and Chemotherapy/Biohazard medications. Maintains control procedures, performs inventory and stock control. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel. Experience with Pyxis Automated Dispensing Cabinet preferred.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensures efficient and productive operation of assigned work location.
- Performs technician functions accurately and thoroughly.
- Acts as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning basic pharmaceutical information to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Assists the pharmacist in billing pharmaceuticals.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff. Fosters the development of teamwork within the department while meeting the needs of departments being served.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider the alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Completes written documentation.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School or equivalent.
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training Or graduation from a foreign School of Pharmacy.
- One year performing related duties or graduation from a Pharmacy Technician training program.
- Pharmacy Technician program.
- Registered by Pharmacy Board.
- Experience with Automated Dispensing Cabinets, Pyxis Medstation system, preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Per Diem
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Central Pharmacy Services Manager, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 1 day ago
Requisition # HRC0713493 When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and...
Pharmacist Outpatient Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 16 days ago
Requisition # HRC0690220A Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Ceda...
Pharmacy Technician Outpatient Per Diem, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 1 day ago
Responsibilities Requisition # HRC0713385 We embrace a culture of passion and dedication at Cedars-Sinai, and it’s part of the reason we’ve been named one of the top ten hospitals in America’s Bes...
Pharmacy Technician Central Pharmacy, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 15 days ago
Responsibilities Requisition # HRC0572520A Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed acute, quaternary teaching care hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. We have grown to beco...
Pharmacy Technician Central Pharmacy Per Diem, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 11 days ago
Responsibilities Requisition # HRC0572831 Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed acute, quaternary teaching care hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. We have grown to becom...
Pharmacist Oncology Oral Chemotherapy, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 15 days ago
Requisition # HRC0541558 Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is an 886-bed non-profit, acute, quaternary, teaching Level I Trauma Center hospital located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. The Cedar...