Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Other Health Care - Medical Ancillary Support
Temporary (Fixed Term)
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only ):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
PTSL Cancer Institute OP Team A
Summary of Job Duties:
This is a PRN position with variable days/hours. The Pharmacist I PRN in the Cancer Institute Pharmacy ensures safe, accurate and appropriate use of medications, by evaluating prescribers’ orders for dosing, allergies and contraindications. The Pharmacist I helps oversee and direct the work of supportive pharmacy personnel, including technicians and students. They prepare and dispense medications, including oral and injectable medications and hazardous drugs (including chemotherapy). The Pharmacist I is responsible for prioritizing the work in a way that best meets the needs of patients, the pharmacy, and other stakeholders and customers. They will answer pharmacy-related questions for patients, other health professionals and the public. The Pharmacist I will report adverse drug events and medication safety events, and will document interventions in the medical record. They will recommend appropriate and cost-effective drug therapy options and provide medication counseling to patients and their families. The Pharmacist I promotes and participates in the defined missions of the service line and the strategic goals of the health system.
- Licensed registered pharmacist by the state of Arkansas, or eligible for licensure in Arkansas
(licensure includes requirement for education component; must be a graduate of an ACPE
accredited college of pharmacy as a condition of licensure)
- Proficiency in utilization of electronic health record and other computer systems, excellent
customer service, broad knowledge of pharmacy regulations and practices, knowledge of
proper aseptic technique, sterile compounding, and hazardous drug handling regulations and
- 2 years applicable experience (i.e. previous hospital experience, sterile compounding
experience, hazardous drug handling, etc.)
- Ability: aseptic technique/sterile compounding
- Reviews and verifies medication orders, including checking for appropriateness, proper dosing, contraindications, allergies, proper volumes and concentrations, mixing instructions, administration instructions, etc.
- Ensures proper preparation and labeling of oral & injectable medications
- Performs sterile compounding of hazardous and non-hazardous medications
- Performs final check of all medications before dispensing
- Properly utilizes technology to perform job, including all hoods, pumps, computers/software, barcode scanning, etc.
- Dispenses investigational drugs accurately
- Collaborates regularly with RNs, APRNs and physicians in the provision and coordination of patient care
Medication Safety & Quality
- Understands and complies with relevant regulatory standards and all departmental policies
- Has a thorough knowledge of regulations, enforceable standards and best practices for compounded sterile products and hazardous drug handling, and practices strict aseptic technique at all times
- Documents interventions in the medical record
- Reports all patient safety events in the appropriate medication safety reporting tool
- Calibrates Repeater pumps when appropriate, and documents calibration on the appropriate log sheet
- Promptly reports to supervisor or other appropriate individual if there are any deficiencies or problems with any equipment, facilities, or drug distribution
Workflow & Operations
- Prioritizes workflow based on patient needs, staffing availability, and rapidly changing workload
- Oversees the work of technicians, student employees, and students or residents on rotation
- Corrects, rather than ignores, any problems with operations or medication dispensing and distribution
- Helps manage inventory (using oldest/shortest-dated stock first, informing buyer of low inventory, suggesting strategies for minimizing waste, etc.)
- Makes suggestions and provides feedback to supervisor/assistant director on operational and workflow concerns
- Participates in ad hoc training of new staff and students on rotation
- Educates patients and hospital staff when needed
- Answers questions related to medication distribution
- Provides drug information to patients, nurses, providers, other pharmacy staff, and the public
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact email@example.com for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Annual TB Screening, FBI Background Check
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Feeling, Grasping, Hearing, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Repetitive Motion, Sharps, Sitting, Standing, Talking, Walking
Occasional Physical Activity:
Crouching, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Stooping
Clinical Pharmacist Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, United States, 20 days ago
Scheduled Hours 40 Position Summary Supports clinical pharmacy services in the outpatient oncology setting at Washington University School of Medicine. The clinical pharmacist will provide compreh...
Pharmacy Resident Nt, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 19 days ago
Department: Pharmacy - Graduate Education FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Rotating Position Summary: Complete the residency objectives and requirement during a 24 month period (may be extended). Consu...
Pharmacy Resident Ii, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 2 days ago
Department: Pharmacy - AIC CdS FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Rotating Position Summary: Complete the residency objectives and requirement during a 12 month period (may be extended). Consult with and ...
Pharmacy Tech Ii, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 3 days ago
This position offers generous sign on bonus to external hires. Shift differentials: 17% - week nights 26 % - weekend nights 15% - weekend days Department: Pharmacy - Inpatient - UH FTE: 1.00 Full ...
Pharmacy Tech Ii Part Time, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, about 2 hours ago
This position offers generous sign on bonus to external hires. Shift differentials: 17% - week nights 26% - weekend nights 15% - weekend days Department: Pharmacy - Inpatient - UH FTE: 0.50 Part T...
Staff Pharmacist (Prn) Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, United States, 12 days ago
Position Summary Position accurately prepares and labels medications ensuring proper technique and supplies are utilized in the preparation of IV admixtures; supervises technicians and pharmacy st...