Berkeley Lab’s Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging Division has an opening for a PET Technologist to join the team.
The PET Technologist will be responsible for running human subjects PET studies and gathering high quality PET/CT exams while assuring ALARA principles are followed. This position is critical in acquiring research data that is the basis of the imaging research performed in the Jagust lab. Moreover, this role will manage the timeline of PET experiments, manage the Research Associate assisting with the scan and the attending the medical doctor for the PET scan. Responsible for coordinating with Facilities department, interfacing with the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) department, coordinating, and overseeing subcontractors working on PET and MRI scanners, and responsible for administrative documentation at LBNL. This person is the expert in PET acquisition procedures and will advise on PET safety and acquisition for mutli-center studies.
What You Will Do:
- Perform all technical and patient care functions related to PET/CT Imaging Research
- Review and verify patient history prior to procedures
- With professionalism, show genuine care and compassion to all patients, while ensuring subject confidentiality
- Conduct subject health history screening and scheduling participants for data collection
- Assure all documentation associated with the studies are accurate and complete
- Collect and archive PET/CT data and maintain a complex database on PET studies in Filemaker pro
- Manage inventory associated with PET/CT and MRI Imaging labs and order supplies as needed
- Review the research study and safety requirements with participants and obtain informed consent
- Inject radiopharmaceuticals associated with PET/CT imaging studies to collect high quality data for research
- Work directly with PI in research protocol development, maintenance, and implementation
- Collaborate with PI in IRB/RDRC imaging protocol renewals, amendments, and responses
- Train new employees and update staff with site requirements. May lead others to accomplish program and Lab goals as required
- Maintain and update in regulatory and biomedical aspects of the protocols related to human subjects’ protocol and quarterly and annual radioactive drug reports
- Manage radiation safety for the PET lab, including training and leading anyone using the lab, maintaining appropriate records
- Manage/oversee all safety records for all subcontractors related to the PET and MRI labs
- Follow PET and CT safety and regulations per state and federal regulations.
- Review and oversee Radiation Work Authorization for PET/CT and MRI Imaging studies
- Effectively perform daily QA on equipment that adhere to quality assurance guidelines and safety records for PET imaging lab
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Follows all ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) Radiation Dose protocols. Direct and document compliance with ALARA Radiation dose policies and procedures
- Manage all imaging procedures with a focus on Radiation Safety and radiation dose reduction for all imaging participants and staff
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
- Participate in training of new staff as needed
- May lead others on projects of moderate complexity
What is Required:
- Six or more years experience working under limited supervision in PET/CT imaging
- Certification Nuclear Medicine Technologist (NMTCB and/or ARRT)
- Certification CT (NMTCB and/or ARRT)
- State of California License for Nuclear Medicine and CT
- Strong demonstrated knowledge in PET/CT Imaging and Radiation Safety
- Highly competent in intravenous catheters placement and technique
- Substantial knowledge of the use of radioactivity in medical procedures
- Knowledgeable in infection control procedures, must be able to use universal precautions in handling bloodborne pathogens, etc. and safely disposes of waste according to site requirements
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills, including time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Experience with human subjects research.
- This is a full-time, career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
- The salary range for this position is $83,628 annually - $106,584 annually. Salary will be derermined based on education & experience.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Based on University of California Policy - SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program and U.S Federal Government requirements, Berkeley Lab requires that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of employment at Berkeley Lab, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral. Visit covid.lbl.gov for more information.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab's mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links:
Know your rights, click here for the supplement: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
Laboratory Manager King Lab, HHMI, United States, about 24 hours ago
Primary Work Address: 2033 Valley Life Sciences Building, Berkeley, CA, 94720-3140 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. We are currently seeking an organized, coll...
Ct Technologist ($10,000 Sign On Bonus), University of California, San Francisco, United States, 6 days ago
Radiology - CT Full Time 66597BR Job Summary This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus. Applies to new hires. A California licensed technologist who performs safe imaging procedures on...
Occupational Safety & Industrial Hygiene Program Manager, University of California, San Francisco, United States, about 8 hours ago
Environment, Health and Safety Operations Full Time 66315BR Job Summary The Occupational Safety & Industrial Hygiene (OSIH) Program Manager has multiple areas of responsibility, including clinical...
Safety Advisor, University of California, San Francisco, United States, about 8 hours ago
EH&S Admin Full Time 66250BR Job Summary The EH&S Campus Program employs the Departmental Safety Advisor (DSA) concept to coordinate safety activities with each department on campus. The DSA work...
Radiation Therapist, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 1 day ago
Radiation Oncology - Therapeutic Radiology Full Time 66663BR Job Summary Under direct supervision, the Radiation Therapist is responsible for various radiotherapy and hyperthermia treatment proced...
Hosp Rad Physicist Ois Lead, University of California, San Francisco, United States, 1 day ago
Radiation Oncology Full Time 66297BR Job Summary Under the direct supervision of the Radiation Oncology Operations Director, the Chief of Clinical Physics and the Vice Chair of Physics, the Hospit...