Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area.
For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Pediatric Respiratory Care Practitioner - Duke University Hospital - Nights - Full Time
$15,000 Sign On Bonus and Relocation Assistance Eligible!
Schedule: 7pm to 7am - 3 shifts a week
Duke University Hospital seeks to hire a Pediatric Respiratory Care Practitioner who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
General Description of the Job Class
Perform diagnostic and therapeutic clinical procedures as defined in the Respiratory Care Services scope of clinical practice. Work performed in accordance with physician orders. Defined duties are performed in neonatal and pediatric patient populations.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Administer oxygen, aerosolized medication via Intermittent Positive Pressure Breathing ( IPPB), Intermittent Aerosol Therapy (IAT) and Metered Dose Inhaler ( MDI) and incentive breathing devices.
- Perform nasotracheal and artificial airway suctioning, CPR and bag- mask ventilation, pulse oximetry monitoring, arterial blood gas punctures and bedside pulmonary mechanics.
- Diagnostic cardiopulmonary procedures, pulmonary function studies, EKGs and cardiac monitoring.
- Assure correct set-up, safety and function of all equipment/ supplies necessary in the provision of patient care.
- Assure adherence to all infectious disease standards in the delivery of all patient care procedures.
- Understands pharmacological indications, dosages and response to adverse drug reactions.
- Provides education to patients, families, physicians, nursing and other members of the health care team.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Completion of a 2 year AMA approved respiratory care program (Associates Degree or the equivalent) or currently enrolled in an AMA approved Respiratory Care Program, and registry eligible.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
- North Carolina State Licensure or North Carolina State Provisional License, Certification by the National Association for Respiratory Care (NBRC) if graduate.
- Certification in Basic Life Support ( BLS), and any other applicable certifications applicable to the institution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge necessary to make appropriate clinical decisions and interactions relative to the specific age of a patient.
- Skills validation/certifications of competencies for the duties and responsibilities of this level.
- Must maintain annual skill and safety/compliance requirements
- Must maintain North Carolina annual license requirements for CEU's
- Customer service and communication expertise.
- Work involves contact with patients of all ages, family members, physicians, nursing, and all other members of the health care team.
- Work is performed in all areas of the hospital.
- Required to carry emergency airway bag weighing approximately 20 pounds.
- Work requires walking, running, climbing and bending.
Job Level: E2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobsat Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Zebrafish Research Technician 2, Duke University Medical Center, United States, 27 days ago
AgencyDuke University Medical CenterLocationDurham, NCJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOQLast Date to Apply05/30/2023Websitehttps://careers.duke.edu/job-invite/231973/ DescriptionWork Arrange...
Assistant Or Associate Professor, Environmental Justice, Nicholas School of the Environment - Faculty, United States, 3 days ago
Position ID:Duke -NSOEFaculty -EJ [#24884] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Areas: environme...
Surgery Transplant Division Chief, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 2 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department Surgery - Transplant - 414035 Posting Open Date 05/18/2023 Application Deadline Open Until Filled No Position Type Permanent Faculty Working Titl...
Patient Relations Representative, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States, 15 days ago
Posting Information Posting Information Department SA Campus Health Services-650001 Career Area Administrative/Clerical Support Is this an internal only recruitment? No Posting Open Date 05/16/202...
Section Head, Archival Processing Section, Duke University Libraries, United States, 3 days ago
Position ID:Duke -DUL -APSH [#24906] Position Title: Position Type:Open Rank Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Library / Special Collections Sala...
Associate In Research, Biomedical Engineering, United States, 3 days ago
Position ID:Duke -BME -DUKEDHALLA [#24887, 1420] Position Title: Position Type:Other Position Location:Durham, North Carolina 27708, United States [map ] Subject Area: Biomedical Engineering / B...