Adler U is currently seeking an experience senior level Payroll Manager. Under the general direction of the AVP, Finance, the Payroll Manager oversees, coordinates, organizes all aspects of Payroll processes and accounts payable processes, including reporting, journal entry preparation, analysis, procedure writing, regulatory tax reporting, and systems maintenance. The Payroll Manager will lead and facilitate all system and payroll process functions. Leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the Finance organization and the institution as well as supports culture development and culture management efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in Business, Accounting, or related discipline required.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in accounting, accounts payable, and or student support services role required. Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience with Colleague Financial Accounting system and Business Objects reporting systems preferred
- Knowledge of enterprise systems operation for complex payroll interactions that interface with other systems (student, financial, etc.); payroll functions, processing, reporting and regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of federal and state compliance and regulations applicable to the payroll process.
- Proficient and advanced knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel (v-lookup), Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive community.
- Familiarity with at complex payroll system including multi-state tax reporting and International Payroll processing. Ultimate Software (UltiPro) System knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively analyze data and implement data-informed decisions
- Demonstrated attention to detail as well as strong analytical, assessment and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Solid proven accounting skills with professional commitment to ensuring equitable and proper pay and, accounting practices.
- Strong collaboration business acumen and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships at all levels of the institution
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity with the ability to handle and manage confidential information.
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
- Willingness to work evening and extended hours as needed
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate payroll processing of full cycle semi-monthly for all three campuses across the institution and division payroll functions including the preparation, processing, and disbursement of all regular and off-cycle payrolls, incentive compensation, deferred compensation, payroll taxes, and employee benefit payments as well as deductions for multi companies
- Partnership with People & Culture to process payroll system inputs including new hires, changes in salary, overtime, terminations, benefits, tax withholdings, annual elections, etc. for all salaried and hourly employees.
- Works collaboratively with the Registrar, Financial Aid Directors and Academic Affairs department to calculate process work study, student employees, adjunct faculty payments and faculty overload payments
- Payroll accounting including cost distributions, preparation of journal entries to GL, and account reconciliations as well as maintaining an orderly accounting filing system: Investigates all reconciling items; prepares corrective journal entries
- Improve, automate and document all payroll processes, procedures, and internal controls. Lead all payroll projects.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Promotes communications and training programs in order to keep others informed of university policies and procedures, as well as federal and state rules and regulations, concerning the payroll function
- Updates the payroll system with new employees’ direct deposit information, and selected deductions. Timely updates Colleague with employee EFT payment information
- Acts as a systems administrator for the Ultimate UltiPro payroll system, including the year-end gateway creation, entering and following up on cases in UltiPro
- Provide UltiPro Time Management technical support to internal consistencies
Compliance and Reporting
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies in order to remain current with all applicable regulations and ensure compliance for both companies in U.S. and Canada.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including HR, Treasury, Tax and Financial Reporting and field locations. Assist in internal and external audits.
- Provides Payroll related reports, and variance analyses:
- Reviews the quarterly payroll tax reports in collaboration with the payroll vendor
- Prepares and tests system for year-end tax reporting and processing
- Prepare periodic and year-end tax reporting W-2 and 1099 in both the U.S. and BC, Canada
- Prepares and files Record of Employment (ROE) with the Canadian Revenue Agency
- Prepare audit filing requirements for year-end financial, 403 B and Workers Compensation audits
- Reconciles the pension fund deductions with those reflected by the pension fund administrator monthly and reports issues to appropriate entities
- Multistate tax reporting monitoring and working with Ultimate Software representatives to review quarterly tax filings
- Establishes /files Multi-state Payroll related business registrations and reports any new states to Ultimate via a case creation
- Oversees the Accounts Payable function and verifies invoices, account numbers, amounts due and prepares payments for timely processing ensuring highest accuracy- Supervises and trains intern on the accounts payable function
- Processes payments to vendors and employee reimbursements both in check form and electronically
- Supports the development of accounting policies and procedures to ensure controls over transaction processing
- Other duties as assigned or required.
COVID-19 considerations: The health and safety of our staff/faculty and their families, as well as our stakeholders, potential candidates, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily be performed remotely. The successful candidate will train and work from home until such time as it is determined that role will return to the campus full-time.
- Applicants should electronically submit a complete application including: a cover letter addressing qualifications and interests, as well as a resume.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of the Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities
Head Teller, University of Maryland University College, United States, 12 days ago
Head Teller Office of Student Accounts Non-Exempt, Regular, Full-time, Pay Grade 10 University of Maryland Global Campus is seeking a Head Teller. Under general supervision, supervises the central...
Assistant Finance Manager (I3 Cluster), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 12 hours ago
Assistant Finance Manager (I3 Cluster) - 00DKK Description Job Purpose Assist the Cluster Finance Lead in managing the financial administration of the Research Institutes within the cluster Ensure...
Financial & Administrative Assistant, University of Alberta, Canada, about 6 hours ago
This position is a 12-month appointment less a day, with the possibility of extension. This competition is restricted to internal candidates or applicants who were former employees of the Universi...
Department Hr Specialist Sr, Arizona State University, United States, 12 days ago
63307BR Campus: West Department HR Specialist Sr Job Description Under general supervision, manages payroll and human resource functions for the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences (N...
Esr At Carthago Marie Curie Innovative Training Network, INEB, Portugal, 17 days ago
The selected candidate will be offered a full-time PhD student position for 3-years, in the EC funded Horizon 2020 Marie Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN) CARTHAGO project (https://itn-carth...
Lab Technician/Senior Lab Technician , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Lab Technician/Senior Lab Technician Location Doha,QA Department Name Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research Unit/QU Health College/Department Profile The Biomedical and Pharmaceutic...