Job TitlePatient Services Manager-Mobile Clinic
AgencyTexas A&M University Health Science Center
DepartmentSchool of Nursing
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationBryan, Texas
What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .”
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five schools and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.
What we want
The Texas A&M School of Nursing is looking for a Patient Services Manager to serve as a member of the School of Nursing TXAN Mobile CARE team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at Texas A&M University may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place
Job Description Summary
The Patient Services Manager, under direction, manages the Patient Services Area, which includes patient check-in, medical records, subpoenas, health information requests, clinical coding processes, and insurance claims. Oversees posting of patient charges and reviews of insurance explanation of benefits. Trains and supervises clinic staff.
This is a full-time position that is funded from grant and/or contract funding which is renewed under the provisions of the grant or the contract. This position, therefore, is contingent upon continuation of funding of these grants and/or contracts and satisfactory job performance.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
5 years related work experience
Master’s degree in health administration or other
Four years’ experience in clinic management and/or patient care services or related experience in program or project management
Experience in planning and delivery of program development and quality improvement.
Experience in progressive responsibility in leading change for programs.
Demonstrated ability and comfort in problem-solving, decision making and conflict resolution.
Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
Experience in a managerial and leadership capacity, coaching & mentoring a multidisciplinary team.
• Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and public relation skills.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
Valid Texas Driver’s License
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in health care, behavioral health, or public health
Basic understanding of electronic health records, billing and coding, revenue cycle management, HIPAA
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to travel to project sites for collaboration and program evaluation
Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
Ability to collaborate with researchers and community partners to meet project goals. Ability to build partnerships and work well in interdisciplinary settings.
Understanding of healthcare quality metrics and dashboard reporting
65%: Clinic Management
• Assists in the execution and implementation of grant to include day-to-day project/clinic coordination, liaison with partners, and leads with program/clinic management, patient scheduling and all clinical activities • Oversees all clinic operations including scheduling of clinics, coordination of supplies and staffing
• Develop, implement, and monitor the clinic’s budge.
• Take inventory, and order necessary supplies and equipment
• Train and supervise clinic workers
• Create new policies and procedures and ensure they make staff aware of new changes
• Ensure the healthcare facility is following provincial/territorial and federal healthcare regulations
• Maintain and Update patient medical records
• Collaborate with others to implement and expand programs/clinics.
• Develops and maintains relationships with stakeholders.
• Assists in identifying other funding opportunities/clinical partner supports.
• Plans, implements, and supports the Project Director in implementing the TXAN Mobile CARE program and clinical activities.
• Supports dissemination activities
• Coordinates communications among program team, key stakeholders, and the community served along with collaboration with the College of Nursing Director of Communications for maintenance of web pages and social media outputs
• Develops and updates training materials and coordinates delivery of training as needed
• Assists in establishing short and long-term goals and strategic planning.
• May supervise clinic staff.
15%: Quality Reporting
• Tracks program timeline to ensure adherence to key deliverable due dates
• Prepares reports on program activities
• Oversees daily fiscal and purchasing activities and assists in preparation and monitoring of budgets for programs and events.
15%: Patient Experience
• Oversees patient experience
5%: Other Duties
Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by College of Nursing must have all job application data entered and must include the following attachments: resume, cover letter and list of references. Failure to provide all job application data and attachments could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Veterinary Technician Iii Cardiology, Texas A&M University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician III - Cardiology Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type ...
Veterinary Technician Ii Sa Onco, Texas A&M University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician II - SA Onco Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Veterinary Radiological Technologist I, Texas A&M University, United States, about 23 hours ago
Job Title Veterinary Radiological Technologist I Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary $13.01 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type...
Business Administrator, Texas A&M University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Job Title Business Administrator Agency Texas A&M University Department Operations Finance Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description A...
Clinical Teaching Assistant Bryan Hsc, Texas A&M University, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Clinical Teaching Assistant-Bryan HSC Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department School Of Nursing Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bryan, Texas Job Ty...
Veterinary Technician I La Icu, Texas A&M University, United States, 6 days ago
Job Title Veterinary Technician I - LA ICU Agency Texas A&M University Department Vet Med-Teaching Hospital Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff ...