The University Eye Center (UEC
) of the State University of New York College, an Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center, is seeking a Patient Financial Services Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager of Patient Financial Services (PFS
), the successful candidate must be detail oriented and be able to multitask in a fast pace environment. Must have understanding of Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance benefits verification process.
Responsibilities /Job Functions:
• Performs a complete verification of health insurance coverage.
• Advise patients about their financial responsibilities and options.
• Responsible for payment collection at time of service.
• Respond to patient’s inquiries regarding billing and self-pay arrangements.
• Serves as a liaison between PFS and clinical and operational staff.
• Knowledge of payment posting and adjustments.
• Perform all related job duties as assigned.
• Ability to provide a high-level of customer service in a professional, service oriented and respectful manner.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of how to interpret insurance verification responses from insurance plan portals is required.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a hospital or large medical practice preferred.
• Knowledge of NextgenEPM
• A minimum of an Associate’s degree is preferred.
Tuesday – Thursday 12:30pm-8:30pm
Friday – Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
College of Optometry is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Mn Outreach & Communications Coordinator: Negotiable, Pheasants Forever, Inc., United States, 6 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyPheasants Forever, Inc.LocationNegotiableJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryDOE + BenefitsStart Date12/05/...
Konstantin Preslavsky University Of Shumen, Faculty Of Education Announces A Competition Under The..., Konstantin Preslavsky University of Shumen, Bulgaria, 17 days ago
GUIDELINES In view of the guidelines for the implementation of the National Program “Young Scientists and Postdoctoral Students – 2”, the Faculty of Education at Shumen University announces a sele...
Spec Registration & Eligibility, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 24 days ago
Department: Admitting FTE: 1.00 Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week) Shift: Days Position Summary: Perform pre-registration and registration functions for area assigned; verify insurance coverage el...
Spec Registration & Eligibility, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 12 days ago
Department: Admitting FTE: 0.75 Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week) Shift: Weekend Days Shift Differential 17% - Monday – Thursday Nights 26% Friday – Sunday Nights 15% Weekend Days Position Summar...
Office Specialist Insurance Biller/Credentialing, Arizona State University, United States, 13 days ago
84075BR Campus: Tempe Office Specialist Job Description The ASU Health Services - Insurance department is seeking for an Insurance Biller/Credentialing full-time position. The primary focus is to ...
Access Coordinator Iii, University of Arkansas, United States, 12 minutes ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...