Location: New York, New York
Medical - Clinical
Internal Number: 4599008
Patient Coordinator (Sign On Bonus 750
Title: Patient Coordinator (Sign On Bonus $750
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Clinical Operations
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $22.11 - $29.20
*As required under NYC Human Rights Law Int 1208-2018 - Salary range for this role when Hired for NYC Offices
Under direct supervision, the Patient Coordinator performs frontline reception, registration, administrative and/or billing activities to contribute to an optimal customer service experience for patients and efficient patient flow for physicians within the Department.
- Responsible for front-end revenue cycle processes, which may include but is not limited to, the check-in/check-out of patients and collection/reconciliation of time-of-service payments,as applicable. May also discuss patient's responsibility for payments
- Schedules, confirms, re-schedules and cancels appointments for both new and existing patients using the scheduling application.
- Completes initial registration when scheduling new patients with all required demographic and insurance information. Retrieves and stores patient visit specific details such as authorization numbers and referring physicians.
- Arrives patients in the practice management system to notify clinical team when patients are checked in and ready to see the physician.
- If applicable, ensures that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre-certifications or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required.
- Distributes informational and specialty-specific educational brochures.
- Educates patients about the patient portal and encourages patient participation.
- Answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains waiting areas in a neat and tidy condition.
- May be responsible for chaperone duties during patient exams as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
Approximately 1 or more years of experience succeeding in a customer/patient service role over telephone and in-person.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience using computerized appointment scheduling systems (EPIC preferred) and/or electronic Medical Record (eMR) system (ideally EPIC-Care).
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, and ICD-10 coding.
- Working knowledge of third party payor reimbursement - Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and commercial insurance.
Standard office work
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that is committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians and scientists in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists - faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization - are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Westchester Behavioral Health Center, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://jobs.weill.cornell.edu/NY/job/New-York-Patient-Coordinator-%28Sign-On-Bonus-%24750-NY-10021/1075856100/
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Weill Cornell Medicine
Weill Cornell Medicine is a global healthcare leader known for the world-class patient care, cutting-edge research and top-ranked education. Every day, the employees of Weill Cornell Medicine improve lives across the city and around the globe. They help patients stay well, and our benefits and programs aim to help our employees and their families stay well by supporting their physical, financial, and professional health.
Connections working at Weill Cornell Medicine
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Director, Center For Cancer Immunology, Cornell University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Director, Center for Cancer Immunology Director Center for Cancer Immunology Cornell University, Ithaca, NY Cornell University, Ithaca, seeks a Director of a new Cornell Center for Cancer Immunolo...
Professor Of Pediatrics (Tenure), Columbia University, United States, about 11 hours ago
THE OPPORTUNITY This opportunity to join the Department of Pediatrics at the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons at the rank of Professor is an exciting one. Columbia University Irving Medi...
Assistant Professor Of Pediatrics At Cumc , Columbia University, United States, 24 days ago
This opportunity to join the Department of Pediatrics at the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons at the rank of Instructor is an exciting one. Columbia University Irving Medical Center, one...
Tenure Track Faculty Position In Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University, Cornell University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Tenure Track Faculty Position in Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University Tenure Track Faculty Position in Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University The Nancy E. and Peter C. Meinig School of B...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 16 days ago
Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons is seeking a highly motivated and Postdoctoral Researcher with a strong background in Computer Science and Machine Learning for the P...
Clinical Track In Wildlife Medicine, Cornell University, United States, about 9 hours ago
Clinical Track in Wildlife Medicine The Department of Clinical Sciences in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University invites applications for a clinical track faculty position in Wi...