The Center for the Advancement of Research on Eating Behaviors (CARE) Laboratory has an opening for a Patient Care Coordinator with an anticipated start date of October 1, 2019. The Patient Care Coordinator will help ensure quality assurance, protocol adherence, and compliance with clinical research protocols. The Patient Care Coordinator will assist with Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications on a study that will screen students for an eating disorder and track treatment outcomes. The Patient Care Coordinator will be responsible for tracking outcomes of students screening positive for eating disorders who do or do not seek services, as well as helping to organize our new services. This will include assisting with development of program materials, consent documents, and assessment protocols to document outcomes. The Patient Care Coordinator will also be responsible for coordinating on- and off-site training in therapy and research protocols. There will also be opportunities to provide on-campus and community-based outreach and training for eating disorders diagnosis and assessment; providing treatment using Guided Self-Help Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT-gsh) as a part of an ongoing research study; conducting clinical assessments for a large longitudinal study of eating-disorder course and outcome; and building mentorship skills by co-supervising PhD student assessments, therapy, and clinical research projects.
40% Direct Clinical-Research Service Provision:
- Conduct protocol-based assessment for research participants with eating disorders to identify mental-health diagnoses.
- Conduct protocol-based psychotherapy for research participants with eating disorders.
- Review other team members’ data collection to ensure accuracy and validity on an ongoing basis.
- Develop treatment protocols (in consultation with Dr. Forbush), intake/assessment materials, and patient tracking materials.
- Coordinate and oversee on-site and off-site training in eating-disorder treatment and assessment.
- Write internal and extramural research grants to support clinical infrastructure.
Supervision, Management & Support:
- Aid with the preparation of IRB and federal and private foundation grant applications.
- Assist the laboratory director with manuscript preparation.
- Train and evaluate the clinicians to ensure adherence to the treatment and assessment protocols.
- Coordinate among clinical staff to schedule meetings, keep meeting notes, and manage the team to facilitate progress toward team goals for new treatment-based studies.
- Monitor treatment adherence among study clinicians.
- Ensure team members are adhering to HIPAA, IRB compliance, and ethical standards.
- Perform statistical analyses, as needed, using SPSS, SAS, Mplus, or R.
- Provide oversight on statistical analyses conducted by other members of the laboratory.
- Oversee data management of clinical outcomes using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
Additional Candidate Instruction
Please submit a brief cover letter, resume/CV and three professional references.
Review of the applications will begin on September 23, 2019 and will continue until a qualified applicant pool has been identified.
Application Review Begins
University of Kansas - Lawrence
Part to Full Time (.5 to 1.0 FTE)
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Conditions of Employment
Contingent on Funding, Limited Term
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).