About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) is an individual who possess the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver specific patient care services to selected patients at the direction of and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The PCA actively supports the efforts of the health care team through the delivery of services in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides accurate, reliable, courteous and timely services to all customers.
- Delivers in a knowledgeable consistent and skillful manner under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates competence appropriate to their role and function in high risk and/or problem prone behaviors.
- Delivers patient care in a manner consistent with the scope of practice of their discipline and the standards established by City of Hope as expressed in the plans for provision of care and policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of organizational and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Participates in a collaborative, empowered work environment as demonstrated through teamwork.
- Effectively communicates with all customers and team members to meet organizational goals and to provide customer satisfaction.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills through attendance and participation in organizational and departmental meetings and continuing education activities.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by appropriate and timely use of organizational resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities to continuously improve service delivery.
- Demonstrates City of Hope values in individual work performance.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High School Graduate or equivalent plus one of the following:
- Non-licensed graduate of a Registered Nurse or Licenses Vocational (LVN) program; or
- Enrollment in an approved RN program and completion of at least one medical surgical clinical rotation; or
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant; or
- If hired before May 1, 2018, successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Program.
- AHA BLS Certification
- Part of a collective bargaining agreement
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ed Assistant Emergency Department Full Time Evenings (10 Hrs.), Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 29 days ago
Requisition # HRC0629458 This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the...
Research Nurse Per Diem Clinical And Translational Research Center (Ctrc), Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 17 days ago
Responsibilities Requisition # HRC0652542 Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places...
Research Nurse Per Diem Pancreatic Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 29 days ago
Requisition # HRC0630494 Please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We want to hear from you. As a Research Nurse I, you will ...
Research Associate I Memory Disorders Per Diem, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, about 1 month ago
Requisition # HRC0635218 When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, ...
Clinical Research Associate I Per Diem Department Of Orthopedics, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 20 days ago
Requisition # HRC0644189 At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day...
Lab Assistant Ii Ft Evening , Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 18 days ago
Requisition # HRC0662021 Make a difference every single day! At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a ...