Location: New York, New York
Medical - Clinical
Internal Number: 4592173
Patient Access Coordinator-Cardiology (Sign-On Bonus 750)
Title: Patient Access Coordinator-Cardiology (Sign-On Bonus $750)
Org Unit: Clinical Operations
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $25.34 - $32.42
*As required under NYC Human Rights Law Int 1208-2018 - Salary range for this role when Hired for NYC Offices
Under direction, the Patient Access Coordinator is responsible for the intake and triage of calls with the goal of facilitating timely scheduling of patient visits and procedures
- Fields telephone inquiries from patients and referring physician offices, helps patients to select the right physician to meet their needs, advises on insurance, payment and visit concerns.
- Responsible for making, confirming and cancelling appointments for both new and existing patients.
- Manages patient expectations for all scheduled appointments and provides information to patients regarding their visit.
- If applicable, ensures that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre-certifications or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required.
- Develops relationships with referring physicians and prioritizes queues/lists for requests for appointments.
- If applicable, processes referral requests within the practice management system and contacts appropriate parties to schedule requested appointments.
- Adheres to scripts and protocols for handling various types of appointment requests. Exercises some independent judgment when dealing with patients and special requests.
- Verifies insurance coverage prior to the patient's appointment.
- Scans all related documentation into patient electronic medical records.
- Documents patient interactions and notes within the practice management system.
- If applicable, keeps abreast of new faculty members scheduling within scheduling system profiles.
- Provides suggestions and recommendations to improve workflows, communication and overall protocols.
- Participates in pilot programs.
- Under direction, may distribute work assignments staff.
- Obtains, reviews and updates patient demographic and insurance information within the practice management billing system.
- High School Diploma
Approximately 2 years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact with multiple constituencies and exercise 'people skills'.
Standard office work; Requires long periods of time on the phone in a sitting position
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that is committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians and scientists in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists - faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization - are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Westchester Behavioral Health Center, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://jobs.weill.cornell.edu/NY/job/New-York-Patient-Access-Coordinator-Cardiology-%28Sign-On-Bonus-%24750%29-NY-10022/1075092700/
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Weill Cornell Medicine
Weill Cornell Medicine is a global healthcare leader known for the world-class patient care, cutting-edge research and top-ranked education. Every day, the employees of Weill Cornell Medicine improve lives across the city and around the globe. They help patients stay well, and our benefits and programs aim to help our employees and their families stay well by supporting their physical, financial, and professional health.
Connections working at Weill Cornell Medicine
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
Director, Center For Cancer Immunology, Cornell University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Director, Center for Cancer Immunology Director Center for Cancer Immunology Cornell University, Ithaca, NY Cornell University, Ithaca, seeks a Director of a new Cornell Center for Cancer Immunolo...
Tenure Track Faculty Position In Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University, Cornell University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Tenure Track Faculty Position in Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University Tenure Track Faculty Position in Biomedical Engineering, Cornell University The Nancy E. and Peter C. Meinig School of B...
Assistant Professor Of Pediatrics At Cumc , Columbia University, United States, 18 days ago
This opportunity to join the Department of Pediatrics at the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons at the rank of Instructor is an exciting one. Columbia University Irving Medical Center, one...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 10 days ago
Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons is seeking a highly motivated and Postdoctoral Researcher with a strong background in Computer Science and Machine Learning for the P...
Tenure Track Clinical Pathology Faculty Position, Cornell University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Tenure-Track Clinical Pathology Faculty Position The Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences (PMDS) at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) invites applic...
Faculty Position In Sustainable Transitions For Climate Resilient Futures (Department Of Biological And Environmental Engineering), Cornell University, United States, about 22 hours ago
Faculty Position in Sustainable Transitions for Climate-resilient Futures (Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering) Assistant Professor Cohort Hire: Creating a Climate-Resilient Fut...