Part-Time Photography Instructor
The University of North Georgia Professional and Continuing Education Division is seeking a photographer instructor to teach non-credit courses that are designed for adult learners. The instructor must be fully trained in all aspects of photography and up-to-date on current photography trends. The instructor must be able to adapt to students with multiple skill levels within the class. The courses are designed to provide students with the necessary tools to master photography for both personal and professional use. Courses are 10 hours in length meeting for 2.5 hours each session. Daytime and Nighttime classes are available.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The Part-Time Photography Instructor will:
- Develop a curriculum for the course including any supplemental material needed.
- Provide students the necessary tools needed to learn or enhance their photography skills.
- Provide a hands-on class environment allowing students of all skill levels the ability to gain new knowledge.
- Determine the interests of students in the class and provides instruction to fit those needs.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of photography courses.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience as a professional photographer.
- Instructional experience preferred but not required.
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.