Who We Are:
At Grantham our students are at the forefront of everything we do and we are passionate about maximizing their potential. We have been making a difference and impacting the lives of students since 1951. We have this same passion for our employees. Are you looking to build a solid career and make an impact in the lives of others? If the answer is Yes! We have an exciting opportunity for you!
What We Have to Offer:
Just as we help our students maximize their potential, we’ll also help you maximize yours. From our full-time staff to our faculty, Grantham provides amazing job growth opportunities with a competitive compensation and benefits package, health and life insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, a culture of service and generosity, and a robust employee recognition program. Employees, their spouses and dependents leverage our generous tuition benefit, by earning any degree FREE of charge.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, the part-time Institutional Research Analyst will provide analytical support for institutional research (IR) projects including the collection, reporting and analysis of institutional data for assessment, external publications and rankings, regulatory efforts and institutional effectiveness activities. This is a non-supervisory role.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain SQL queries of the SIS and other university core systems to generate aggregate information to support IR activities
- Preserve IR reporting cohorts supporting state, federal, and accreditation reports
- Maintain trend level detail and documentation for state and federal reporting
- Develop and maintain the University Survey Manual, documenting and preserving survey research standards and official procedures
- Assist in the creation of university surveys upholding industry best practice
- Perform regular audits of the survey databases, and implement data scrubbing techniques ensuring data validity
- Develop IR reports for university surveys, including response rates, margin of error rates, response trends, overall survey results and survey trending
- Perform statistical analysis of university survey data as needed using SPSS or related software
- Prepare regular assessment reporting for academic deans, department chairs and instructional designers
- Develop reporting for departments and activities including but not limited to Compliance, Academics, Registrar’s Office and University Leadership
- Support institutional effectiveness, planning, accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities through ad hoc querying and reporting of the SIS and other core systems
- Routinely download and maintain trends of external data such as US Census Bureau, Department of Education and others to assist in operational and institutional effectiveness studies
- Assist in the monitoring of the overall integrity of data, complying with state and federal requirements and has a vehement conviction to uphold data integrity, correct data discrepancies when noted.
- Create and maintain SQL queries of the SIS and other core systems to generate student information supporting external-facing marketing publication and ranking surveys in which the University participates
- Monitor trends of marketing publication and ranking survey data, as well as cross-survey validations and trends
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of reports for the University’s institutional accreditation agency
- Represent IR in committee meetings as assigned
- Create and maintain documentation for all research projects
- Performs other related tasks as required
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics or related Business-related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience with data analysis
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate skills with SQL
- Familiarity with Tableau / Microsoft BI (or similar visualization software) strongly desired
- Familiarity with Survey Gizmo or other survey software
- Familiarity with SPSS or related statistical software
- Experience with higher education administrative/student information systems including technical understanding of data warehousing and data mining
- Strong understanding of higher education processes and data
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills including critical evaluation skills
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Experience using database software, mainframe applications, and/or statistical software; experience using SPSS or comparable software preferred
- Coursework or knowledge of research methods
- Knowledge of relational database design and management and familiarity in a major database package i.e. Microsoft Excel or SQL Server
- Familiarity with web survey administration software, (SurveyGizmo, SurveyMonkey, etc).
Grantham University is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Administrative Assistant Senior Companion/Foster Grandparent Programs, Fort Hays State University, United States, 14 days ago
Department Senior Companion and Foster Grandparent Job Posting Title Administrative Assistant - Senior Companion/Foster Grandparent Programs Job Description Position Description: Under the directi...
It Service Desk Analyst I, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title IT Service Desk Analyst I Classification Title Network Specialist Non-exempt Position Number 01203100 Hours Per Week 40 Department Customer Suppo...
Director Of Budget, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 9 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Director of Budget Classification Title Director Major Division/School Position Number 01203745 Hours Per Week 40 Department Budget Office Campus...
Information Technology Support Specialist Technology Services, Fort Hays State University, United States, 10 days ago
Department TigerTech Job Posting Title Information Technology Support Specialist - Technology Services Job Description TigerTech is the IT helpdesk for Fort Hays State University. TigerTech suppor...
Residence Hall Director, Fort Hays State University, United States, 1 day ago
Department Residential Life Operations Job Posting Title Residence Hall Director Job Description POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Residence Hall Director oversees daily operations related to residence li...
Simulation Technology Specialist I, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, 1 day ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Simulation Technology Specialist I Classification Title Simulation Technology Specialist I Position Number 01202470 Hours Per Week 40 Department ...