Job TitleParking Services Officer I (Days)
AgencyTexas A&M University
Proposed Minimum Salary
Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurate
Job LocationCollege Station, Texas
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .
Who we are
Transportation Services (TS) is an empowered team of professionals dedicated to providing efficient, dynamic and innovative fleet, parking and transit services to the community. We support the teaching, research and public service mission of Texas A&M University, with focus on customer service and communication. For more information about us, visit our website: http://transport.tamu.edu .
What we want
The Parking Services Officer I, is responsible for performing traffic control duties, assists with enforcement of parking regulations, and offers public assistance to university employees, students, and visitors. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Starting salary range: $13.26 - $14.75/hr
Position Details: Ability to work periodic rotating shifts and frequently required to work special events and other activities requiring overtime. May have long hours and may be required to work some nights, holidays and weekends.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M’s COVID-19 response, please visit the University’s COVID-19 website . For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness’ COVID-19 website .
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years full-time work experience.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain State of Texas class “C” vehicle operator’s license within 30 days of employment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to comprehend technical aspects of electronic data terminals and ticket writers, telephone systems, video monitors and computer systems.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Ability to comprehend technical aspects of electronic data terminals and ticket writers, telephone systems, video monitors, computer systems and Special Controlled Access Network electronic and mechanical systems.
- Must be able to use all of the following mobility devices that the officer has been trained to use; mobility devices used include walking, bicycle, scooter, T3, Segway, GO-4, and/or car/truck.
- Previous experience in related field.
- Keyboarding or computer related skills.
- Enforcement/Traffic Control - Enforces parking regulations by giving warnings and issuing parking citations including checking for overtime or illegal/restricted parking. Will be assigned a mobility device daily to travel across campus to enforce parking regulations by their officer in charge based on the parking services unit needs, officers training level, and equipment availability for that day; mobility devices used include walking, bicycle, scooter, T3, Segway, GO-4, and/or car/truck. Applies and removes immobility devices. Moves and sets up barrels, barricades and other traffic control equipment. Exposure to vehicle movement hazards if proper safety procedures are not followed. Performs traffic control and direction duties. May perform medium physical work.
- Security/Reporting/Administrative - Provides low-level security while patrolling. Provides information to employees, students, and visitors regarding campus parking regulations and directions. Keeps records and makes detailed reports. Performs such tactile activities as key punch, grasping, holding, lifting, reaching, crouching, standing for extended periods of time, walking, and repetitive tasks. Assists senior Parking Services staff with towing of vehicles. Assists with uniform and equipment inventory; maintains parking services offices, work areas, and vehicles in a neat and orderly manner. Required to participate in field training program to upgrade skills and will be expected to perform senior officer duties as part of training status.
- Dispatch/SCAN - May perform duties in dispatch office handling routine and emergency calls, disseminate information to the appropriate parties, provide license plate and parking permit information, coordinate activities with other agencies and/or emergency services and may direct the actions of other parking service officers. May perform duties in Special Controlled Access Network station. May be required to monitor larger areas from SCAN station due to fewer stations being staffed.
- Department Objectives/Customer Service - Transportation Services is committed to providing courteous, responsive, quality service to our customers by fostering a respectful, positive, and welcoming environment for all. Employees are responsible for the following: representing the department to internal and external customers by actively supporting diversity; maintaining 100% “on time” compliance with all university required training for all employees; approving time worked and requesting appropriate leave in a timely manner; reading and responding to e-mail; reviewing/reading information listed on the department intranet; performing assigned tasks in a safe manner and utilizing personal protective items/equipment as appropriate or instructed by supervisor or department; reporting unsafe actions or conditions to supervisor immediately and supporting and following unit/department safety guidelines, practices and policies. Persons in this position will be required to drive state vehicle to travel to various parts of campus and are considered essential when the University declares an emergency, campus closure, class cancellations, etc. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
Advanced Security Officer, TAMHSC, United States, 13 days ago
Job Title Advanced Security Officer Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Security Bryan Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type St...
Technician I, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 20 days ago
Job Title Technician I Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Zachry Common Labs Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staff Job Description The Labora...
Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 13 days ago
Job Title Assistant Chief Financial Officer Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department Asst. Vice Chancellor/Cfo Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Job Type Staf...
Licensed Vocational Nurse I, TAMHSC, United States, 1 day ago
Job Title Licensed Vocational Nurse I Agency Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department Student Health Services Proposed Minimum Salary $20.00 hourly Job Location College Station, Texas...
Research Specialist Iii, Texas A&m Engineering, United States, 14 days ago
Job Title Research Specialist III Agency Texas A&M Engineering Department National Center For Therapeutics Manufacturing Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location College Station, Texas Jo...
Web Applications Developer Ii, TTI, United States, about 21 hours ago
Job Title Web Applications Developer II Agency Texas A&M Transportation Institute Department Communications Division (Web & Software Services) Proposed Minimum Salary Commensurate Job Location Bry...