1) Ability to use and understand all maintenance of tools and equipment associated with the painting trade.
2) Familiarity with various paint systems and functional categories of paints, and the ability to mix, tint, and blend to match existing wall finishes.
3) Construct and repair all types of gypsum assemblies with premixed and setting type compounds, and repair all plaster and lath assemblies.
4) Strip wood surfaces with chemical and mechanical removal systems.
5) Experience with tinting of surfaces if required and apply wood stains and finished including varnish, lacquers and epoxy to match existing finishes or meet new specifications on casework, millwork and furniture.
6) Knowledge of putties and sealants for fire related assemblies.
7) Ability to read blueprints and construction documents.
8) Plan to estimate jobs.
9) Ability to design and construct dust enclosures to isolate work areas from the surrounding areas.
10) Ability to complete work orders in timely manner.
11) Recording of data for records, purchasing, inventory, etc.
12) Clean and leave space same or cleaner than prior to beginning of work.
13) Other duties as assigned.
Space And Facilities Administrator, University of Alberta, Canada, 24 days ago
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Reporting to the Assistant Dean of the Faculty of Education, the Faculty Space and Faciliti...
Studio Technician, College Of Arts And Creative Enterprises, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
The Opportunity The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks an incumbent for the position of Studio Technician, who is responsible for the provision of technical support to faculty and stud...
Carpenter, University of Virginia, United States, 5 days ago
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Managemen...
Fire Safety Officer, Arizona State University, United States, 23 days ago
55001BR Campus: Tempe Fire Safety Officer Job Description Plans, organizes, and manages Fire Safety programs, facility inspections and fire safety staff. This includes technical inspections of pub...
Fire Safety Officer, Arizona State University, United States, 4 days ago
55129BR Campus: Tempe Fire Safety Officer Job Description Plans, organizes, and manages Fire Safety programs, facility inspections and fire safety staff. This includes technical inspections of pub...
Fire Safety Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, 23 days ago
55007BR Campus: Tempe Fire Safety Specialist Job Description Plans, implements, controls and evaluates one or more components of a fire safety program including building/facility inspections for c...