|Working Title||Painter - Facilities and Maintenance|
|RCW Exemption Criteria||No Exemption|
|EWU Position Number||C99705|
|CUPA Code||N-731000 - Painter (Journeyman)|
|Bargaining Unit||BU 1|
|% Full Time||100|
|Salary / Wage Range||CS - 42G|
$49,860 – $57,828/year. Where the hired candidate will begin within this range is dependent on education, experience, and skills.
|Anticipated Start Date||11/01/2023|
|Term of Appointment||12 months per year|
|Background Check||Yes - Both|
|Responsible HR User|
|Responsible HR User Email address|
|About Eastern Washington University||
Eastern Washington University, a regional, comprehensive public university with an enrollment of over 10,000 students, is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington, each governed by its own board of trustees. EWU’s 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 12,000 residents 16 miles southwest of Washington’s second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the innovative, energy-efficient Catalyst building and at Riverpoint, a campus shared with Washington State University. In addition, EWU programs can be found at select locations throughout the state, aligned with the needs of the community. Eastern contributes to the vitality of the region and the state through its wide array of bachelor’s and master’s degrees in over 100 fields of study, as well as applied doctorates in physical therapy and educational leadership, offering accessible pathways to career success and personal development to students of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
Tribal Land Acknowledgement
Eastern Washington University resides within the traditional homelands of the Spokane People and other tribes who are connected through their shared history of this region. This land holds their cultural DNA and it is their Ancestors who are here and bring forth the knowledge of this place—the knowledge that comes from the land.
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
|Conditions of Employment||
|Medical Monitoring Post Hire||Yes|
Hearing, eye, face, fall, respiratory, UV, protection; gloves, hard hat, tyvek coveralls, safety boots. University, local, regional and state mandates for public and personal protection should be followed as needed.
|Other Skills and Abilities||
|Work Schedule Type||Alternate|
Day Shift schedule of either 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday – Friday OR 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
|Open Until Further Notice||No|
|Screening to Begin||10/10/2023|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
|Application Types Accepted||Application|
|% of Time||100|
|Responsibility / Duty||
The primary duties required for this position include:
1. Perform journey level painting on the interiors and exteriors of residence halls, and apartments. Prepare surfaces for painting or finishing by scraping, washing, sanding, sand blasting and chemical etching. Tint and blend colors for all types of paints, stains, and specialty coatings. Apply primers, sealers, and finish coatings by brush, roller and spray methods to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings and structures, machinery and piping etc. Finish and refinish woodwork, cabinets, and floors.
2. Perform work in all types of locations including high work on the exteriors of buildings, mechanical rooms, confined spaces, ceiling areas and crawl spaces etc.
3. Arrive at job site with the proper tools, materials and equipment necessary to perform the tasks required to complete the job as assigned.
4. Responsible in keeping all tools and equipment in good working condition, to include vehicle, hand and specialty tools.
5. Keep all job sites uncluttered and safe. Clean work area at the end of every day and the completion of job.
6. Install, work from, and remove scaffolding, ladders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts. Comply with all applicable safety policies, rules, and standards.
7. Complete all projects in a timely manner consistent with the expectations set at the start of the job. If anything should arise that would impact the time schedule supervision should be made aware.
8. Record accurate daily documentation of time and materials in both the AIM and StarRez work order systems. Adhere to all University policies, procedures, and protocols where applicable.
9. Represent the shop, department, and University in a professional manner during all interactions with the campus community (students, staff and other trades).
10. Communicate with shop and department supervision effectively relating to shop and department needs and other items of interest.
1. Assist in organization of materials and shop equipment. Assist with shop clean up, and participate with efforts to keep the shop neat, organized and in an orderly fashion.
2. Participate in shop meetings with input on operational issues that may enhance the performance of the shop and department.
3. Perform related duties as directed
|Essential Function Indicator|
Control Technician & Control Technician Lead 2 Positions, Washington State University, United States, 1 day ago
Available Title(s): 607F-YN_CS_NPS - Control Technician, 607G-YN_CS_NPS - Control Technician Lead Business Title: Control Technician & Control Technician Lead - 2 positions Employee Type: Classifi...
Facilities Technician Iv Rrm Lead Ofmd, University of Washington, United States, 3 days ago
Scheduled Hours 40 Position Summary The Washington University School of Medicine Operations & Facilities Management Department provides a range of services for the medical campus in a customer-foc...
Spokane Mesa Coordinator, Washington State University, United States, 1 day ago
Available Title(s): 1481-YN_ADMINPRO - Student Services Coordinator/Advisor 1 Business Title: Spokane MESA Coordinator Employee Type: Admin. Professional (+) (Fixed Term) Time Type: Full time Posi...
Spokane Mesa Coordinator, Washington State University, United States, 14 days ago
Details Posted: 18-Nov-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Staff/Administrative Student Affairs/Services Internal Number: 4801252 Spokane MESA Coordinator Ava...
Research Intern Hui Zhang Laboratory, Washington State University, United States, 9 days ago
Details Posted: 23-Nov-23 Location: Spokane, Washington Type: Full-time Salary: Open Categories: Research - Laboratory/Non-Laboratory Staff/Administrative Internal Number: 4814766 Research Intern-...
Lecturer At, Psychology, Gonzaga University, United States, 1 day ago
Position Information Job Type Detail At Gonzaga we don’t just state our mission. We live it every day as a Catholic, Jesuit, and humanistic University. It is the reason we exist and the foundation...