Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Completes day-to-day operational work tasks as assigned to support facilities for Emory College of Arts and Sciences.
- Conducts weekly inspections of classrooms.
- Assures that rooms are properly stocked with markers, erasers and have the proper furniture compliment.
- Conduct basic testing of AV systems.
- Conducts routine surveys of facility common areas and lab spaces and reports information to Building Operations Manager on a regular basis to address maintenance or other physical environment issues that need to be resolved.
- Coordinates with departmental staff to provide logistical support for deliveries, installation, lab or personnel moves, or other operational support tasks as needed including relocating computers.
- Coordinates event set-up in ECAS Facilities in concert with departments and Emory Campus Services.
- Inventory tables and chairs Assists with ensuring occupant groups comply with applicable space use guidelines and all building and safety code requirements.
- Serves as liaison with Campus Services Facilities Management to assure that building systems issues (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) and other related facility condition issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assists with implementation of SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to document the most efficient and effective way to perform all required duties of operations staff.
- Updates SOP documentation as needed to support approved changes in processes to assure manuals are up-to-date Coordinates with Campus Services BRS/Auxiliary Services to assure consistent custodial/waste and recycling removal services and coordinates special service requests as needed.
- Monitors loading dock schedules for appointed facilities and assists occupant groups with logistical support for equipment and other large supply deliveries.
- Helps place and move equipment as needed.
- Works with facilities and parking services to identify vehicles blocking docks.
- Submits work order requests as needed to Campus Services, monitors status, and elevates issues to Building Operations Manager as needed.
- Assists with monitoring incoming requests from building occupants and provides operational support/status updates to requestors as applicable.
- Serves as point of contact for access control needs and coordinates with Security/Access Control Office staff to resolve occupant card access issues.
- Delivers keys as necessary.
- Assists in laboratory clean outs and maintains laboratory safety certification through EHSO.
- Partners with Campus Services for scheduled events and manages delivery of their services.
- Works with staging / surplus to relocate furniture.
- Along with Building Operations Manager, meets regularly with Zone mechanics, BRS staff, and other support staff to review deferred maintenance needs and monitors monthly preventive maintenance schedule.
- Assists Building Operations Manager with facilities-related notices to building occupant listserv for scheduled outages, emergency maintenance needs, or other facility-support items as applicable.
- Assists with and addresses specific operational issues including recommendations and action plans towards their resolution.
- Assists ECAS Facilities team with logistical support for infrastructure or renovation projects; works in collaboration with faculty and staff, other campus support operations team, contractors, and outside vendors.
- Orders building supplies and equipment to support building operational support needs per direction from Building Operations Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and licensed to drive a vehicle.
- High School Diploma and two years of operations experience in educational settings or a related field, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience working within in academic facilities is preferred.
NOTE: Position tasks are required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location; working remote is not an option. Emory reserves the right to change this status with notice to employee.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration!
Coordinator, Zero Waste Program, University of Alberta, Canada, about 22 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits . Location - Work prima...
Job Opportunity: Assistant Or Associate Teaching Professor Of Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Ga, Vanderbilt University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Posted by Kate Stuart on Wednesday, September 27, 2023 in Job Opportunities . The Department of Biology at Emory University invites applications for a teaching track faculty...
Assistant Project Manager, Harvard University, United States, 7 days ago
22-Sep-2023 Harvard Kennedy School 63886BR Job Summary The Assistant Project Manager is part of the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS) Campus Planning and Operations (CPO) team and reports to the Direct...
Maintenance Worker, University of Alberta, Canada, about 22 hours ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has a term length of 20 months from the date of hire and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be vi...
Administrative Coordinator, Harvard University, United States, 1 day ago
27-Sep-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63733BR Job Summary The Department of Economics is seeking a customer-service orientated, collaborative and organized Administrative Coordinator to support...
Scheduler, Office Of Engagement And Community Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 21 hours ago
Scheduler, Office of Engagement and Community Affairs Engagement and Community Affairs - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23007227) Greets visitors and directs them to appropriate offices and meeting ro...