The officer will review and comment on written research design and research methods plans prior to management approval to do the work. The officer will provide methodological expertise in support of research related to Pew's investments in environmental issues, domestic and international. Work includes research related to marine and terrestrial conservation projects. The position will be located in the Washington, DC office and report to the Manager, Research Review and Support. The position has a set time frame that could be extended based on the success of the program, funding sources, and board decisions on continued support.
- Serves as lead reviewer for most environment-related research plans, research contracts, and methods plans, as assigned. Helps project teams identify empirical evidence and design rigorous research for studies.
- Validates research methods. Provides written and oral feedback to project teams on proposed methods plans.
- Helps project teams develop and manage research contracts to ensure they are methodologically sound and cost-effective.
- Facilitates project teams' compliance with research quality requirements, including external expert/peer review, data checks, and fact checks
- Reviews and comments on draft research projects prepared by project teams or their contractors. Helps project teams identify potential sources of weakness in their research and anticipate potential criticism of their work before publication.
- Is a senior expert on the team for research methods expertise related to the natural sciences.
- Principal liaison to Pew's Environmental Science Division.
- Occasional travel, including business meetings and conferences as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Doctorate or other graduate degree in ecology, marine science, conservation biology, or a related field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience. Expertise in environmental research and policy is highly desirable.
- Strong research, analytical, and quantitative skills. Expertise in computer modeling, statistical analysis, experimental design, or other research methodologies related to marine and/or terrestrial conservation programs is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work productively with a wide array of stakeholders (both internal and external) and perspectives and approach issues with a nonpartisan, objective mindset.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, juggle multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently, and remain attentive to details.
- Ability to fit into a fast-paced and highly professional corporate culture which emphasizes excellence, collegiality, and teamwork.
Compensation and Benefits:
As this is a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and complete benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to help you maintain a good balance
Please visit https://jobs-pct.icims.com/jobs/5307/officer%2c-research-review-and-support-%28environment%29/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=1374631688 to apply for this job online.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Terrestrialecologist, Cornell University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Program ID:Cornell -Lab -TERRESTRIALECOLOGIST [#13106, WDR-] Program Title: Research Associate, Terrestrial Ecologist, BRP Assistant Program Director Program Type:Other Location:Ithaca, New York ...
Technician To Become Part Of The Molecular Microbial Ecology Group (R1), Alicante University, Spain, about 4 hours ago
We are seeking for a technician to become part of the Molecular Microbial Ecology Group (http://web.ua.es/es/emm/ ) of the University of Alicante. The group has a wide experience in microbial ecol...
Graduate Internship In Paintings Conservation, Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, Netherlands, 15 days ago
The Rijksmuseum is the largest museum of the Netherlands. The collection contains 1.1 million (art) objects from and relating to the Netherlands from the Middle Ages until the 20th century. The mu...
Associate Senior Lecturer In Physical Oceanography, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, 1 day ago
The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 38 000 students and 6 000 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong rese...
Sachbearbeiter/In Für Die Stabsstelle Health, Security And Environment (Hse), Helmholtz, Germany, 11 days ago
Focus Ocean Acidification "We are talking about a deadly trio" Ocean acidification – The evil twin of climate warming Facts on Ocean Acidification "Ocean acidification is the evil little brother o...
Research Project Manager , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Are you interested in societal challenges and public sector innovation? The city of Reykjavik seeks a research and project manager with the skills and experiences to join the city´s research and d...