The officer will review and comment on written research design and research methods plans prior to management approval to do the work. The officer will provide methodological expertise in support of research related to Pew's investments in environmental issues, domestic and international. Work includes research related to marine and terrestrial conservation projects. The position will be located in the Washington, DC office and report to the Manager, Research Review and Support. The position has a set time frame that could be extended based on the success of the program, funding sources, and board decisions on continued support.
- Serves as lead reviewer for most environment-related research plans, research contracts, and methods plans, as assigned. Helps project teams identify empirical evidence and design rigorous research for studies.
- Validates research methods. Provides written and oral feedback to project teams on proposed methods plans.
- Helps project teams develop and manage research contracts to ensure they are methodologically sound and cost-effective.
- Facilitates project teams' compliance with research quality requirements, including external expert/peer review, data checks, and fact checks
- Reviews and comments on draft research projects prepared by project teams or their contractors. Helps project teams identify potential sources of weakness in their research and anticipate potential criticism of their work before publication.
- Is a senior expert on the team for research methods expertise related to the natural sciences.
- Principal liaison to Pew's Environmental Science Division.
- Occasional travel, including business meetings and conferences as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Doctorate or other graduate degree in ecology, marine science, conservation biology, or a related field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience. Expertise in environmental research and policy is highly desirable.
- Strong research, analytical, and quantitative skills. Expertise in computer modeling, statistical analysis, experimental design, or other research methodologies related to marine and/or terrestrial conservation programs is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work productively with a wide array of stakeholders (both internal and external) and perspectives and approach issues with a nonpartisan, objective mindset.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, juggle multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently, and remain attentive to details.
- Ability to fit into a fast-paced and highly professional corporate culture which emphasizes excellence, collegiality, and teamwork.
Compensation and Benefits:
As this is a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and complete benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to help you maintain a good balance
Please visit https://jobs-pct.icims.com/jobs/5307/officer%2c-research-review-and-support-%28environment%29/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=1374631688 to apply for this job online.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Researcher (M / F), Instituto de Ciência e Inovação em Engenharia Mecânica e Engenharia Industrial, Portugal, about 2 hours ago
INEGI - Institute of Science and Innovation in Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering, intends to reinforce its research team in the area of technologies and structural solutions for ma...
Postdoctoral Scholar / Quantitative Spatial Ecologist / Biostatistician / Physicist / Mathematician, Alfred-Wegener-Institut Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar- und Meeresforschung, Germany, about 15 hours ago
Area of research: Scientific / postdoctoral posts Job description: The Alfred Wegener Institute Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI) is a member of the Helmholtz Association (HGF) ...
Ph D: Identifying Marine Key Biodiversity Areas Using Tracking Data (Inspire4 Nature H2020 Msca Itn), Inspire4Nature H2020 - MSCA - ITN, Portugal, 6 days ago
This project will use tracking data to investigate the effectiveness of the current network of important sites for marine biodiversity (e.g. MPAs, EBSAS) in conserving seabirds. It will be based a...
Experienced Postdoc For The Coordination Of The Simulation Laboratory Terrestrial Systems, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 23 days ago
Work group: IBG-3 - Agrosphäre Area of research: Scientific / postdoctoral posts Job description: Geoverbund ABC/J is the geoscientific network in the research region of Aachen–Bonn–Cologne/Jülich...
Ph D: How Will Halting Biodiversity Loss Affect The Achievement Of Other Sustainable Development..., Inspire4Nature H2020 - MSCA - ITN, Italy, 6 days ago
This project will explore the positive and negative interactions between Sustainable Development Goals/Targets to understand to what extent the achievement of some goals will affect the others. Ba...
Research Scientist In Data Analytics And High Performance Scientific Computing In The Geosciences, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 12 days ago
Work group: IBG-3 - Agrosphäre Area of research: Scientific / postdoctoral posts Job description: The Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC) operates one of the most powerful supercomputing infrastruc...