The officer will review and comment on written research design and research methods plans prior to management approval to do the work. The officer will provide methodological expertise in support of research related to Pew's investments in environmental issues, domestic and international. Work includes research related to marine and terrestrial conservation projects. The position will be located in the Washington, DC office and report to the Manager, Research Review and Support. The position has a set time frame that could be extended based on the success of the program, funding sources, and board decisions on continued support.
- Serves as lead reviewer for most environment-related research plans, research contracts, and methods plans, as assigned. Helps project teams identify empirical evidence and design rigorous research for studies.
- Validates research methods. Provides written and oral feedback to project teams on proposed methods plans.
- Helps project teams develop and manage research contracts to ensure they are methodologically sound and cost-effective.
- Facilitates project teams' compliance with research quality requirements, including external expert/peer review, data checks, and fact checks
- Reviews and comments on draft research projects prepared by project teams or their contractors. Helps project teams identify potential sources of weakness in their research and anticipate potential criticism of their work before publication.
- Is a senior expert on the team for research methods expertise related to the natural sciences.
- Principal liaison to Pew's Environmental Science Division.
- Occasional travel, including business meetings and conferences as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Doctorate or other graduate degree in ecology, marine science, conservation biology, or a related field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience. Expertise in environmental research and policy is highly desirable.
- Strong research, analytical, and quantitative skills. Expertise in computer modeling, statistical analysis, experimental design, or other research methodologies related to marine and/or terrestrial conservation programs is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work productively with a wide array of stakeholders (both internal and external) and perspectives and approach issues with a nonpartisan, objective mindset.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, juggle multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently, and remain attentive to details.
- Ability to fit into a fast-paced and highly professional corporate culture which emphasizes excellence, collegiality, and teamwork.
Compensation and Benefits:
As this is a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and complete benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to help you maintain a good balance
Please visit https://jobs-pct.icims.com/jobs/5307/officer%2c-research-review-and-support-%28environment%29/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=1374631688 to apply for this job online.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
A Researcher With A Background In 3 D Imaging And Applications, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy, 28 days ago
The 3DOM research unit (Centre for Information & Communication Technologies - ICT), deals with metrology and geomatics research issues. 3DOM has developed different metrology and 3D modelling meth...
Sr. Research Specialist Social Sciences (Job Id #99251), University of Illinois, United States, 18 days ago
Research: • Develops objectives and design of research and data collection procedures. Conceptualize, initiate and execute research goals for project. • Conducts and coordinates advanced research ...
Research Scientist In Demersal Fish Research, Monitoring And Advice, Institute of Marine Research, Norway, about 24 hours ago
The Institute of Marine Research (IMR) in Norway has an immediate opening for one permanent position as research scientist in the research group Demersal Fish. The group works on research, monitor...
Lecturer In Ecology And Conservation , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
We are looking for an animal biologist with a strong emphasis on biodiversity conservation and genetics who is able to integrate with our existing research strengths. Candidates should have streng...
Survey Research Manager (Kpwhri) Kaiser Permanente, University of Washington, United States, about 11 hours ago
Description: This position provides administrative and scientific management and leadership to the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute’s Survey Research Program (SRP). The Surve...
Software Entwickler/In Für Wissenschaftliche Daten, Helmholtz, Germany, 8 days ago
Focus Ocean Acidification "We are talking about a deadly trio" Ocean acidification – The evil twin of climate warming Facts on Ocean Acidification "Ocean acidification is the evil little brother o...