The officer will review and comment on written research design and research methods plans prior to management approval to do the work. The officer will provide methodological expertise in support of research related to Pew's investments in environmental issues, domestic and international. Work includes research related to marine and terrestrial conservation projects. The position will be located in the Washington, DC office and report to the Manager, Research Review and Support. The position has a set time frame that could be extended based on the success of the program, funding sources, and board decisions on continued support.
- Serves as lead reviewer for most environment-related research plans, research contracts, and methods plans, as assigned. Helps project teams identify empirical evidence and design rigorous research for studies.
- Validates research methods. Provides written and oral feedback to project teams on proposed methods plans.
- Helps project teams develop and manage research contracts to ensure they are methodologically sound and cost-effective.
- Facilitates project teams' compliance with research quality requirements, including external expert/peer review, data checks, and fact checks
- Reviews and comments on draft research projects prepared by project teams or their contractors. Helps project teams identify potential sources of weakness in their research and anticipate potential criticism of their work before publication.
- Is a senior expert on the team for research methods expertise related to the natural sciences.
- Principal liaison to Pew's Environmental Science Division.
- Occasional travel, including business meetings and conferences as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Doctorate or other graduate degree in ecology, marine science, conservation biology, or a related field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience. Expertise in environmental research and policy is highly desirable.
- Strong research, analytical, and quantitative skills. Expertise in computer modeling, statistical analysis, experimental design, or other research methodologies related to marine and/or terrestrial conservation programs is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work productively with a wide array of stakeholders (both internal and external) and perspectives and approach issues with a nonpartisan, objective mindset.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, juggle multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently, and remain attentive to details.
- Ability to fit into a fast-paced and highly professional corporate culture which emphasizes excellence, collegiality, and teamwork.
Compensation and Benefits:
As this is a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and complete benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to help you maintain a good balance
Please visit https://jobs-pct.icims.com/jobs/5307/officer%2c-research-review-and-support-%28environment%29/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=1374631688 to apply for this job online.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Asst Professor (Grant Ten Trk), University of British Columbia, Canada, about 12 hours ago
The Institute for the Oceans and Fisheries (IOF) at the University of British Columbia is inviting applications for a full-time grant-tenure stream position on topics related to marine mammal cons...
Marine Meteorologist/Climate Scientist , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
About us: NOC is a national research organisation, delivering integrated marine science and technology from the coast to the deep ocean and is one of the top five institutions of its kind in the w...
Postdoctoral Research Associate In Marine Ecosystem Engineers , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
The Institute for Life and Earth Sciences (ILES) undertakes multidisciplinary research in the areas of Environment, Health and Food Science, based both in Edinburgh and at the International Centre...
Researcher For Integrated Studies In Fish Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Apply no later than 31 May 2018 Apply for the job at DTU Aqua by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Aqua invites applications for a Research Scientist position in fish biology with fo...
Senior Lecturer In Plant Ecology, University of Gothenburg, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
The University of Gothenburg tackles society’s challenges with diverse knowledge. 38 000 students and 6 000 employees make the university a large and inspiring place to work and study. Strong rese...
Senior Data Scientist , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
About Us The Natural and Environmental Research Council (NERC) is a partner organisation within UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create...